SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decormyhomepls

Changed decor now need help with paint choices

decormyhomepls
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I did a little tweaking in my home. I selected another picture for above sofa, added the blue rug and made some new pillows. My struggle is that above the kitchen cabinets I painted SW Seasalt and my DH refuses to paint the rest of kitchen that color. The real issue is we need a neutral color for the rest of LR, entryway, hallway. Pictures don't do a good job of showing you the layout, but it's a partial open floor plan. DR is SW Rice Paddy which does go nicely with the Seasalt since it shows up kind of blueish in my kitchen. There is NO light in most of LR. NO windows. I am leaning toward SW Fleur De Sol. Hint of blue but neutral. It's a very "cool" color and I'm worried about that. I think Sealsalt should go all through kitchen as well as below counter. Meeting with A LOT of resistance. He has conceded to do JUST below the counter Seasalt. I am trying to pull it together but also, I would like to make the rooms flow and be warm, but my colors are cool colors. I also tried Olympus White, which has a grey undertone and shows up as a blue, but looked way too grey for our liking and clashed with the seasalt. So, any suggestions? I have the entire SW paint deck so any colors I could consider in your opinion. Thank you so much. This is sooooo hard!!

Comments (8)