SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebell66

Big Dog People - Walking Help Needed

Bluebell66
7 years ago

My neighbor is recovering from knee surgery so I am walking his dog twice daily for 30 minutes per walk. Dog is a 110lb Golden Retriever. He pulls really, really hard so it's very difficult for me to control him, which I realize is dangerous for both the dog and me. (Otherwise, he is a sweet dog.) The wife, who doesn't walk him because she can't control him, either, said I can try a training collar or different harness if I want, so I've been looking around for something that might make this task easier. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I happened to see this harness yesterday. It looks like it might work, but I don't want to waste the owner's money. Thoughts? If you scroll down a little on this page, there is a short video demonstrating its use: https://www.coupaw.com/deals/29158/No-Choke-No-Pull-Ruby-Red-Harness-Sport-Edition

I'm also recommending a trainer, as I think walking a strong dog that is not trained to walk on a leash will be very hard on the owner's new knee when he is back on his feet again. Thank you.

Comments (34)