SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adoiron

loose aggressive dog on walk, need help

adoiron
9 years ago

i need helpful advice about aggressive dog in neighborhood. i have 2 20lb dogs that i walk most days in good weather. we have a house that has a mastiff/boxer? looking large dog on an invisible fence. it seems quite aggressive to dogs (not humans) barking loudly, charging its boundary, hackles up, etc. 2 days ago my husband and i walked by it's house which is a corner lot and hard to avoid, and it came very close to the street. i told my husband that the dog fence was NOT working. sure enough after we passed it's house and continued down the street, i happened to look back and it was running at us! we stopped and yelled "go home, get outta here" in loud voices repeatedly which made it stop but it watched us walk in the other direction. i had to have my husband go back home, get the car and pick me up as i did not want to walk back to my house with that dog loose.

we called animal control and filed a complaint but i am not overly hopeful that a fine will change the situation. i am scared to walk by myself.

i got sprayshield (citronella) but saw mixed reviews on effectiveness. i do not want my dogs attacked but they need exercise. i am really fed up with people letting their dogs run free!

any other suggestions on how i can protect my dogs on the walk ? thanks all for reading my rant:)

Comments (16)