SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

12/6/16 Oklahoma Drought Monitor---Dry Conditions Spreading

While a small percentage of the areas in the higher drought categories saw improvement, overall the area in OK that is either in drought or abnormally dry continued to increase, as shown on this week's Drought Monitor, linked below.

12/6/16 Oklahoma Drought Monitor Map

For the first time in ages, my part of Love County is showing up in the Abnormally Dry category, even though we are, overall, above average in rainfall for the current calendar year. I'm not going to let it bother me since we still have tons of mud and massive puddles standing from the 2+" of rainfall we've received in the last 8 or 10 days. I think it is 2.7" to be specific. We might be abnormally dry on paper, but we don't feel dry. It helps that the moisture generally evaporates more slowly at this time of the year than it does in summer.

And, for the folks on this forum who post from other states, here's the entire U. S. Drought Monitor Map:

12/6/16 U S Drought Monitor Map

I would imagine we won't see much improvement in OK for a while since December and January tend to be two of our driest months here. Snow, if it falls, generally doesn't melt down into impressive amounts of precipitation unless it is a really, really wet snow.

Comment

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath