caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

When I got up at 0730...

Real temp 11°

Wind Chill - Minus 9

Wind 27 mph

Ladies, it's cold outside.

I had to force the back door open to reach the heavy broom so I could push the snow away from the front door. Both doors were packed with snow and frozen shut. I get a bit panicky when I can't open the doors. Of course if I needed to get my pups out; I'd get the doors open tout suite.

A neighbor across the alley was trying to free her Christmas lights' cords from the ice around the outlet. We both hollered but could not hear one another over the wailing winds, so we shook our brooms in the air as a greeting.

DH suggested I hop on my broom and zoom over to her house so we could visit. I suggested he ...

I hung the flag in honor of Pearl Harbor Day and started clearing the bird trays.

I pushed enough snow and ice off the three feeders I have on the front porch so the birds could get to the seed. I added a quart of BOSS to each feeder to hold them until I can really bundle up and top off all the feeders in the tree.

Now I'm thawing out with a cup of tea getting ready for round two.

The base is closed again today.

How did our pioneering mothers survive? They were made of a stronger mettle than I seem to be.

Looking south out of a sunporch window as he tries to clear the patio between the garage and mudroom entry. The dark clots are snow globs stuck to the screen.

Is this pic too big? You may have to click on it to fix the distortion.

Comments (18)