SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rvird01

Let's play a Game

Rhonda
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I remember when I was a kid watching a movie on our black and white TV that I often wondered was the starlets hair brown?, was her dress red?, was her corsage pink?

When I later saw the same starlet in technicolor, I was surprised that her hair was red not brown, her dress was blue not red and her corsage was violet not pink.

Our eyes and brain make assumptions on what a color must be, often based on actual items that we have viewed in color. Also, some types of black and white film didn't record reds well as the film didn't have the capability of recording the entire color spectrum accurately. Then, throw in the fact that our brain doesn't recognize all the many different gray tones, mainly just light, medium and dark. Whatever the reason, I have often been surprised when seeing the object in color.

Can you guess the color of the flowers in the following black and white pics I took (if you click on the pic it will enlarge for easier viewing)? You can probably get some because you know the plant, but you'll probably be surprised by the colors of many.

Once I get a few responses, I'll post the color pics of the same flowers.

Have fun,

Rhonda

Comments (13)