SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andy99mich

Green Tea for Plants?

andy99mich
7 years ago

Hi, when I was a kid (4th grade, probably) for a science fair project for school I looked at better alternatives to water for sprouting seeds. I used water for comparison, lemon juice, cola, and green tea. I used them each on different plants- green peas, some type of bean, and pumpkins. So I planted them, every other day or so watered them, etc. What I found was that the plants fed with lemon juice and cola died (obviously) and that for the most part, plants fed with water sprouted first and the green tea fed plants grew faster- it makes sense, because it's like watering the plant, plus handing over natural antioxidants and nutrients. I was just thinking about this and researching it... Looks like nobody has done research on using green tea for house plants and vegetables.

I'm just wondering, has anybody actually tried this method? Has it worked? The kid still in me wants to do the "research" again to see. What do you guys think about watering with green tea? It seems very interesting.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!