SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
6gmillers

Help with non wired thermostat

6gmillers
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hey! When we built our house 2 years ago, the HVAC people installed the thermostat (on our main floor) on a wall directly facing a huge wall of windows. So, most of the year, the sun shines directly on the thermostat which then gives a false reading and tries to cool or heat based on the crazy reading (65 degrees outside and thermostat might read 87 because sun hitting it directly). We would love for the HVAC people to fix this but here we are two years later and it's not fixed so we're moving on. The easiest solution that we see is to install a thermostat that doesn't have to be wired and just cover the area of the current thermostat. I've searched "wireless thermostats" but keep getting results for wi-fi thermostats but they are wired. What I'm looking for is a non-wired smart type thermostat. Does this exist? The only non-wired thermostats I'm seeing are very basic. Anyone have any other solutions? My husband is very handy but seems like a huge project to completely re-wire. Thanks for any help/insight you can give us.

Comments (3)