SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Latex pillows care?

My latex pillows never got wet in the flood I made sure they were up on top of the bed. However they were packed in big plastic bags and put in the storage containers along with everything else. Today we found the bag they were in with some sheets and opened the bag. The musty smell was terrible. I took them out of the double zip fabric liners they were in to look at the pillows. Mine looks normal but has a couple of small discoloration spots and smells terrible. Husband's was horrible totally discolored and gross, must be trashed. I am wondering if anyone has tried washing one on hand wash cycle cold in the machine? I read online some people wash theirs every 6 months. One lady has done so for 4 years.

I don't know what the outcome is going to be but I just now put my pillow in on that setting and will just do air dry. I mean I will have to trash it otherwise so might as well give it a try.

Any results to report? I sure hate losing those, they are not cheap! I will never ever use those storage containers for anything again. I lost more in them than I did the flood. I wanted to use storage rooms in climate controlled buildings but my vote lost. Very unfortunate decision.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH