SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haldd

Tablet, Laptop, Adobe Flash Problems

haldd
7 years ago

I'm using 2 Win10 laptops that are both very new and both have issues with web browsers, adobe flash, and Google services. I've phone contacted Google and YouTube Red and didn't get the problems resolved...I also contacted my isp, Comcast, for help since videos on their website don't work....also contacted ATT since I use my phone to hotspot away from home and have the same issues...no one has provided support....help...

Background: About 2 months ago my android tablets started acting up. I could download google movies at home, pin them to the tablet, and then when away from home they would not play- unless the tablet was connected to wifi even for a split second. At the same time the tablets began using about 500mg of data per day for no obvious reason (eating up my phone data). Google, Youtube Red, Comcast, and ATT had no solutions. The tablet maker, Samsung, had no solutions by phone and didn't respond to emails. I still think the problems lie in Samsung not updating the android OS on the tablets...anyway, when it became obvious no one was supporting the Note Pro and Note 2014 anymore, I took a hammer to them and sent them to the landfill: it wasn't worth all the time I was wasting on them.

In the meantime, both laptops started having problems with Adobe flash. Then I got an email from Google that said I could watch the content I had paid for through Google Play by watching on my laptops on Youtube. I confirmed this via a chat session with a Youtube Red Rep. The rep also said it was fine to connect my laptop via hdmi to my tv, which I did. So I log in to Youtube Red (which I subscribed to) and all my previously paid for stuff appears...but when I try to watch I get "Adobe Flash Player has Crashed" over and over again, followed by a message that says "playback not supported on this device." So I immediately unsubscribed.

Youtube videos played fine on my laptops before I subscribed to Youtube Red. I didn't know about Google Play paid content being on Youtube and hadn't tried that before...

As with Youtube, the comcast site has the same problems. Some of the adobe flash videos play and most don't. Other sites have the same problems.

The biggest irritating thing for me is that most (not all) adobe flash videos on sites like CNN and Fox news don't play . I get the crash message over and over. But the flash player works fine on other sites.

Lastly, the laptops are both win10. Both are I7's, an Acer Aspire R, and an MSI Apache Pro. Both are completely up to date via windows automatic updates. I've updated Adobe flash player several times in the past few days...

What should I try next? Is it time to give up?

Comments (19)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012