SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Free-standing gas range vs slide-in for a replacement ?

I’ve always had a free standing range. But it just occurred to me that maybe I could expand my options with a slide-in. I’m looking for a double oven range, and there just are not that many out there. This is not a new remodel, I am just replacing my broken stove from my remodel 11 years ago.

Advantages? Disadvantages?

My situation: I have countertops on either side, which are a really close fit. So, with the free standing one I am replacing, there is really only enough of a gap to slide a (fat) butter knife in to clean it out.

Backsplash: I have a piece of granite attached to the wall, which matches my countertop. It fills the entire space vertically from the bottom of the microwave hood to just BELOW the height of the countertop. So, it extends well below the rear control panel of my current free standing range. Our granite installer suggested this, to make sure we had stove options for the future, if we bought a stove with a back panel of a different height.

What is the back of a slide in range like? Is it designed to fit flat against a wall, with some kind of recess lower down for the gas fittings? Thanks for your help.

Comment (1)