SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fauguy

Replace free-standing range with slide-in?

fauguy
13 years ago

I currently have a bisque color 7 year old GE Profile free-standing convection range with the smooth-top radiant elements that cost about $1200 at that time. There was also a matching OTR GE Microwave used with it, but I recently replaced it with an OTR GE Convection Microwave JVM1790 in stainless. So when the time comes to replace the range, I'd be going in stainless as well.

What I'd like to know is if I'd have any issues installing a slide-in range, or would I have to stay with a free-standing model? There are wood cabinets on either side, granite counter tops on the sides, and full granite backsplash on the back. From what I've seen, the sides and back of the slide-in ranges are meant to fit over the counter top. This is not a problem on the sides (as there is granite counters) but behind the range there is just a granite backsplash with no counter. Currently GE only makes one Induction free-standing range, but I'd bet there will be more induction units out in the next year or so, including slide-in models (I've seen some induction slide-in ranges from other manufactures).

Thanks.

Comments (2)