SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beeps_gw

No backsplash please - slide-in range or free standing?

beeps
11 years ago

Have read the threads about free-standing vs. slide-in ranges. Have also read that there are free-standing ranges without a backsplash, although I haven't found any.

Let's be honest... about all I do is boil water and use a microwave. (I could tell you the story about my mother turning on my new oven about 6 months after having had it installed in a kitchen remodel, and nearly starting a fire because I'd never even taken the packing material out. Sad, I know. Dangerous too as it turns out!)

So, given that I totally under utilize a range I hate to spend a ton of extra money for a slide-in range just because I don't want the backsplash. But, I don't like the looks of the backsplash on the free-standing models.

My current kitchen has a cooktop and I've gotten used to not having the backsplash. I've attached a pic of the kitchen in the model of home I'm having built, and all I can see is the range backsplash.

I've looked for the elusive free-standing that I hear exist without a backsplash but haven't found them. And if I go slide-in not only will it be much more $$ apparently I'll also need to get a piece of counter cut to fill in the space behind the range and the wall. Would I have to do that with a free-standing with no backsplash?

I want to do a pretty backsplash and not have it interrupted by a range backsplash. So, what backsplash-less ranges do you have in your kitchens? What's a low end backsplash-less gas range? Thx!

Comments (4)