SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amybabyboy3

OBF November Swap: Birds of a Feather Flock together

amybabyboy3
7 years ago

Our Blooming Friends Swap Group [0BF] was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you.

Please be a successful member of GardenWeb/HOUZZ and have completed a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be sent to Shirley (Brittneysgran).

Please take a moment to read our rules and then, Have fun!

1. Send your swap by posted deadline for each swap.

2. No bickering. This is meant to be fun for everyone.

3. Send things that you yourself would want to receive.

4. Always include a Delivery Confirmation number and post it when you send the package.

This month's theme is going to be centered around the birds that we see in our garden. There are many different things you could send such as: seeds for flowers that birds love to eat, a bird house for the little creatures, or any bird themed items such as bird statues, ornaments, hand towel, garden signs, flags etc. There are even some cute little robin egg cookies that you could bake for your garden pal that I saw online:

Please include three bird related items and one or two packs of seeds for your garden pal. Please be sure to include a bird card. Sign ups will be until November 9th and partners will be assigned on the 10th. Have fun and I hope you enjoy the swap!

Comments (101)

• lorabell_gw
    7 years ago

Beautiful weather here as well! I'm at work though, no playing in the yard for me. My yard is still in recovery from the hurricane - 3 hundred foot trees came tumbling down and smashed many of my gardens. but all is good- they missed the house! And there is always Spring! My next day off work--Christmas Day. Oh, the joy of retail!

Susan, your tracking number is;

9505 5146 9043 6321 0725 18

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

"Birds of a feather flock together" is in flight to Shirley...........

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

• Related Discussions

NEW: obf - junes white elephant plant swap (2)

Q

Comments (150)
    I just received the most WONDERFUL box from Miss Sue! It was so big, it took 2 kids to carry it. :) And MERCY, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw how much it cost to mail! Prices are getting ridiculous!! I tried to keep track of everything as I unwrapped them, but I had 4 little helpers (the girls helped me...the boys couldn't have cared less- they know they're going to be recruited to help plant later on! LoL!) so I didn't get everything written down. But everything looks great, nothing is wilted! Which was SO surprising, considering the heat! I know there were 2 mini roses, red & blue salvia, many daylilies, 6 succulents, dianthus, lantana, rosemary & lavender. The rosemary & lavender made the box smell SOOOO good! If I've forgotten to mention anything, please forgive me! Thank you SO MUCH, Miss Sue! You outdid yourself with a WONDERFUL box, and I absolutely LOVE everything!
    ...See More

new: obf sept. 'for the birds'

Q

Comments (129)
    Anita, I just got home and thank you! I know I will love what ever you send. Hope you are feeling better. I know you have alot going on, and I think of you often. Theresa, your box will be going out tomorrow, and the confirmation number is 0307 0020 0000 3240 1381. I'm sorry I am so late with it, and I hope you will like what I've selected for you. It is a chilly 53 degrees here, and raining. I guess it is time to fire up the corn burner to take the chill off the house. I have some iris that are trying to rebloom; I hope they do it before we get a frost. Someone sent me two hosta from Pap's Pretty Posies, I wonder who it is? Will this very considerate sender please step forward so I can thank you for hosta "Pearl Lake" and "Parky's Gold" AGAIN, THANK YOU! LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

UPDATE: 2014 O.B.F. Member's Season of Sharing Swap Part 2

Q

Comments (150)
    Thank you Lisa for Sharing!!! Sheri ~ if u don't have enough, its okay if I don't get all of them. Sharing is caring :) Mammoth Yellow Sunflower Luna White Hibiscus zone 5-10 Balloon Flower Sentimental Blue Helenium "Helena Red Shades" Liatris spicata Purple Blazing Star Liatris floristan White Herb: Spilanthes oleracae HAVE A WONDERFU WEDNESDAY!!
    ...See More

OBF November Friends

Q

Comments (344)
    You're so welcome Mary, Melinda, and Shirley! Shirley and Margo- the cotton seeds were given to me by a farmer in Alabama. I can't tell you much about them other than he grows the stuff by the acre so hopefully it'll do the same and produce for you. Sara- your package made it here today. Thank you for the seeds and everything! I've thought about getting a mother's journal but just never have so that'll be put to good use. I also love the earrings! Love fun dangling things!
    ...See More
  • amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nikki, Could I get your address? I know that you moved and I think the one I have is from 2015. Thank you, Amy

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

I will keep my eye out for those birds Annie!

Laura-I sent you the OBF address list and need you to send me your address again.

Sure glad all those trees missed your house and you can always build the gardens back again.

Susan-That St. Patrick daffodil is gorgeous. I had about 45 minutes of daylight when I came home so I rushed outside and planted some new peonies I ordered. I don't like the time going back an hour at all.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

I stopped by to say hello and see how everyone is doing. Shirley, I thought of you with the terrible fires. We are getting smoke carried all the way here. It was very noticeable yesterday, but a bit better today. Amy, I'm sorry it's over your way, too. Yes, they are saying young, old, anyone with health problems to stay indoors and I imagine the children are kept indoors at school. It's terrible when beautiful areas turn into ash. My daughter and her family in California deal with this sort of thing a lot more, but I don't think even once is acceptable, especially if someone has set these fires.

Shirley, I have bulbs to plant, but with no rain for over 30 days I didn't think I could dig a hole in the ground. I guess I'll have to set up a sprinkler and then try to dig. The bulbs should be planted really soon although it has been so hot that my azaleas are blooming, even those that are not supposed to rebloom. Crazy weather year.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Good Morning/Afternoon OBFERS,

"birds of a feather flock together" arrived...from Nicole!!

Absoloutley wonderful!!!!

*a lovely "bird" card with a very nice note

*stamps with "birds" on them

*lots of return labels with all my addie info....and of course the labels have birds on them....love these

*a 6 pack of kitchen towels....yes, three of them have big birds on them.....nice and colorful too., red, blue, yellow, white, green...very nice

*a beautiful birdhouse.....a wreath on the front door, pumpkins greet you and a white picket fence, poinsettias and pinecones......very happy and festive....

Thanks so much Nicole.....love everything!!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Could someone please pm me Nikki's most recent address if you have it? Thank you, Amy

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Todays bingo words

hawk

vulture

bird cage

egret

Nicole, that was a great package!

It is still smoky here and it drives my eyes crazy. Hope you all have a great night! Take care, Amy

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Jeanne-I have a bearded iris blooming and my azaleas are budding up. It is going to be in the 70's tomorrow but changing Saturday. Cold weather is supposed to hit, I really dread it. Even though we have had this drought I do have plenty of water so I can keep the plants watered. We have a pump in the pond and it is pumping all day every day. I also have two wells, one to the house and the other for outside plants. DH is retired so that is his job, keep the plants wet. LOL

Annie-Awesome box from Nicole.

The firefighters were at Wal-Mart today handing out fliers on the fires. Most of the ones in this area have been 60-70 percent contained. Will be glad to see an end to them all.

Night ladies!

• lorabell_gw
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Morning-another beautiful day.

Here is my Dahlia Imperialis giving me a show. Was told it wouldn't bloom in zone 7b/8a but this is year 3 of gorgeousness!

Cold front coming in this weekend-. Hopefully just a mild freeze!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Susan and Laura, those blooms are beautiful!

Nikki, your package is going out today. Hope you enjoy it!

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

OBFERS, time to sign up for to be a host for the 2017 OBF swaps....you can do it!!!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/4288496/obf-our-bloomin-friends-2017-hostess-sign-up-list?n=4

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

nuthatch

sparrow

stork

tern

todays bingo words, sorry so late!

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

Hi Girls Been a crazy day. I hate time change.

On to the great surprise I got from Laura. Everything was packed so nice. I love that. An amazing red birdfold out card to start my package . Got a great suet cake and a holder for it. A wonderful hummingbird charm and pewter cardinal ornament,, lettuce seeds for next year. But best of all a trio of special jams. I also loved the package and will open it tomorrow. Hot tea and jam for breckfast tomorrow. Thank you for a special package on our first winter day.

Now to my bingo words.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

penguin

quail

bluebird

starling

are tonights bingo words. Any one have Bingo??

another great package Laura!

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Laura-Such a beautiful dahlia. Cold has reached us as well.

Susan-Wonderful package and I know the birds will love the suet.

Amy-Still need 3 words for BINGO.

Shirley

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

bittern

parrot

sandpiper

woodcock are today's bird words!

Love the squirrel!

• lorabell_gw
    7 years ago

Morning.

Just returned from a weekend show to a great package from Shirley. Thank you so much!

Included was a bird note card along with a cute poem about Packages of seeds.

A pumpkin/ owl Fall decor that will be used on my table on Thanksgving.

An awesome wooden suet holder.

A bird calendar by the National Autobaun Society-love it

A cool bird magazine to read when this crazy work schedule settles down-I'm thinking January....

and seeds. I love seeds. Two types of flowers I don't have(that part I remember but I'm again at work and don't have the names in front of me-- I know I was really happy---at 4am this morning!)

and lastly a tiny little gourd...

This was a great package - thanks

oh, and I think I still need 3 words....no threat of me Bingoing any time soon!!!!

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

hello Girls Love the packages. Getting a lot out of the way. No Christmas decorations yet. Amy your package tracking is 946120969998943769348. Sending out coupons to family members. For their trip in next month. NO BIngo yet.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Todays bingo words:

hen

ostrich egg

Any one have bingo yet???

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Another great package! Good job Shirley!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nicole

Shirley

Susan-received

Annie-received

Nikki

Laura-received

Amy

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Todays words are spoonbill and pheasant! Any one have BINGO yet? There are not many words left. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

I have been gone for a few days...just checked my B card....no BINGO for me!

Just checked Shirley's tracking and her package seems to be in limbo somewhere.....and I am not sure where that limbo is. I will keep an eye on it....maybe weather has gotten in the way.

Happy Evening!

Annie

• GardenMom
    7 years ago

This looks exciting, maybe I can join one day.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Garden Mom, Just contact Shirley (Britneysgran) and find out how to join. We would love to have you join in.

TODAY's BINGO WORDS:

pigeon

baby birds

Only a few words left, anyone have bingo?

• GardenMom
    7 years ago

Ok, but what are the requirements, the rules. What is expected of me I'm new to garden web. But I do have seeds.

• beth_b_kodiak
    7 years ago

"Mom" the requirements vary depending on which group you wish to join. They tend to be posted as the first part of each month's trade. The trades vary a lot. Look back through the past couple months to get the idea and see how they vary.. After that ask questions as needed. Dec Swaps will probably start posting the end of next week so your timing is good. This forum is about group swaps . Also check the seed swap forum. Hope this helps. anybody else have thoughts to share with Garden Mom?

bb

• GardenMom
    7 years ago

I'm very active in seed swap forum. Thanks will be following and joining in

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Amy-Those baby chickens are darling. Need two more BINGO words.

Annie-The post office left a note in my box that I was not home when they tried

to deliver your package. Not sure why they needed me home, they have always

left packages on the porch. I am off Friday and will go to the P.O. to pick it up.

Susan-Thanks for the tip on making better tasting cakes from a mix. I will try it in the next couple of days,

GardenMom-when you get ready to join just let me know. I have the month of

December and it is going to be a craft so very easy. Thanks Beth for the input.

Shirley

• lorabell_gw
    7 years ago

Since 5 this morning. 19 guests will be at my house by noon. Very Thankful. My son and family are in from England. We have a new grandbaby- that makes number 11. Did a walk through of the yard and gardens which are a bit of a mess yet from Matthew but a lot of plants I though wouldn't make it pulled through. And the weather is wonderful. A little rain this morning and up to 70 this afternoon . Definitely a lot to be grateful about.

Hope all are having a Happy Thanksgiving!

i still need 2 more bingo words...did we all choose Humingbird?!

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Shirley, no clue on why they did not leave the package at your front door/mailbox. There was no wine, tobacco, ammunition or naughty items enclosed that would require a signature and I did not request a signature....LOL! In fact, I did not even receive an email that they attempted to deliver, which I usually do receive. Hopefully, the envelope showed up.

One BINGO word to go.....I am out the door in a bit to party with my family. Off to do some last minute cooking.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Enjoy time and thanks with your family and friends....be safe!

Annie

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving! I got my box from Amy the other day. Thank you very much. I will post pics after the holiday craziness.

Nicole - I have not found much in my town with birds. (I hate my small town) Im going black friday shopping tomorrow in palm springs and I will shop for you too. Your box will hopefully go out sat or monday. Will let you know. Sorry running late.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

That is so weird, I posted the bingo words and a Happy Thanksgiving and it disappeared!

toucan

barn swallow

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all our wonderful OBF ladies!

So thankful God gave us another thanksgiving with Mom.

This is our Fifth Generation!

Annie- I did get the envelope. I cannot figure out why they did not leave it either. In my plant business I am constantly ordering plants and they always leave everything on the porch. I am definitely asking them about it when I go to the post office tomorrow.

Laura-I think you are right about 'Hummingbird'. I picked all my favorites from the list.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Toucan and BINGO go together like birds of a feather.....BINGO!!! Yes, I got the B word.....

Shirley, here is the tracking....very strange!

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=61299995671549312795&cntry_code=us

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Awesome Annie Congratulations!!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Susan, Thank you so much for the wonderful box of OWL delights. I love owls. My box contains a beautiful owl puzzle that I cant wait to work on. A gorgeous Owl solar light and adorable handmade pinecones owls with birdseed covering them for the birds outside. A HUGE bag of tulips, in a wonderful rubber made container that I will plants asap and a adorable cardinal card. Also, organic gummy worms yum, will be devoured when my boys spot them and curel hand lotion I will keep in my purse for winter. What a super box Susan! I just love it all! Thank you so much!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nicole-

Shirley- received

Susan-received

Annie-received

Nikki-received

Laura-received

Amy-received

Annie, I am waiting on an order and then your bingo prize will take flight! I will let you know when I send it out.

Have a wonderful evening everyone! Amy

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

I looked and looked until I found my camera to take pictures again, I have given up on my cell phone. Everyone who has tried to help me says I need to take it to the Frontier Store for help.

Anyway, Annie I loved all my bird goodies.

Annie sent:

Penguin Socks (Clever-Just in time for the Holidays)

Cardinal - Kitchen Towels (Cardinals are my fav.)

Feather earrings-thanks

Gift card for seeds-I find much pleasure looking for seeds on line so this

will be fun!

Thank you Annie, sorry the post office gave me such a fit over this pkg. The funny thing is they had another pkg there for me from Oct. Yes Oct. Upon opening it

I found it was from Susan. Sorry Susan I never knew it was there. It was filled with

chocolates, thank you so much. They sure are good.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Amy,

Thanks for a wonderful month....great time....enjoyed by all!

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

• lorabell_gw
    7 years ago

Agreed! What a great swap! Thanks for a great month!

• brittneysgran
    7 years ago

Susan-How Special you are, you always go above and beyond with your kindness.

Thank you for the choc. treats. Loving this group as always.

Happy Wednesday to you Annie.

Shirley

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Annie, Your bingo prize is on the way! I hope I guessed the postage right if not please let me know. I did not have a letter scale. Have a great day! amy

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nicole-

Shirley- received

Susan-received

Annie-received

Nikki-received

Laura-received

Amy-received

Just waiting for Nicole to receive and this month will get closed out. Hope you are all having a great day. Susan, Thank you for coupon. I made use of it! Have a great weekend ladies! Amy

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Amy....thank you for my BINGO prize....perfect....tweet, tweet!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• bluee19
    7 years ago

Happy Friday and TGIF 2 everyone! I received my box of goodies from Cinnie0 today. I appreciate the time you took to get the items and send to me. Thanks for sending me the color pencils, kit kats, the cute penguin mug with Lindt chocolate balls, warm/cozy penguin socks, seeds of Salvia, sweet basil, ranuculus seeds, coriander seeds plus color book, journal book, and cute cards and yummy tea bags. Thanks again for everything!!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Our swap is complete! Thank you all so much for a great month!

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    7 years ago

Im glad you got your box Nicole and that you enjoyed it. The ranucuclus are bulbs/roots. Please plant them asap. I hope you enjoy the coloring book. I tried to put images in it that you would enjoy.