The Game for November CXVIII
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (204)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
new: mnf november: *defrost yer turkey*
Comments (75)Hi Perennial! :O) Great to see you post, it HAS been awhile, huh? Baby's doing fine (her name is Lili), she'll be 1 in December...and we've got another one on the way in April (long story, and a true miracle!). I do like your idea, BTW...it's kinda like a white elephant, isn't it? Sounds like it'd be fun, in any case! Okay, Dan....here's the deal....I almost NEVER use a written recipe when I make soup! I'm a "what ever I darn well feel like" kinda gal. I only use recipes as *guidelines* when I'm baking...never cooking. Anyway...here's what I usually do when I make chicken soup (keep in mind, I make enough to feed 10 people or so!): I take about 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; one large, chopped onion; 4-6 crushed garlic cloves(large ones); red pepper flakes (probably about 2 tsps); 2-3 chopped jalapeno peppers; fresh chopped oregano (or dried, probably about 1 tsp dried, a good fistful if fresh); salt & pepper......I boil all of that in a stock pot that's about 3/4 full of water. Boil it until the chicken starts falling apart, usually 1.5-2 hours. Then, I take the chicken out & shred it...pop it back in there, add bunches of chopped carrots & celery stalks, plus some more spices- paprika, cumin, tiny pinch of sage, curry.....and whatever else I feel like it needs. Let that boil for another hour, then I add either some cooked rice or uncooked noodles- just however much I want to fill in. Sometimes I like a lot of broth, sometimes I don't. That's basically it- just throw & go, is my motto. :o) Oh, and when there is a sick person in the house (with a cold or such), I usually go for more spice & more broth. I've even thrown some lemon balm in there, along with catnip & other "cold fighting" herbs. I don't think I cook the same soup twice. LOL...See MoreCXVIII - The Game Goes On Again!
Comments (150)For the hell of it: the life and times of Abbie Hoffman - Jonah Raskin...See MoreCLXXIII November Game
Comments (117)Around The World In 80 Trains - Monisha Rajesh...See MoreNovember (Already!) Game
Comments (99)Christmas at Holly Berry Cottage - Jennifer Griffiths...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your November Home Checklist
Winterize your home and yard, and make a game plan for the holidays
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your November Home Checklist
Give your home a festive holiday air without running out of steam, and stay safe and snug as temperatures drop
Full Story
HOME TECHQuit Playing Around With Your Game Console
Gaming systems can do so much more than just run games — they can streamline your home activities and improve your life
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSLet's Chic-ify the Game Room
Pour yourself a cosmo and kick back on a chaise for a stylish football party even non-watchers can love
Full Story
VACATION HOMESRoom of the Day: A Modern Lodge Embraces Universal Design
Homeowners design their Washington family vacation home to be accessible for their daughter with special needs and a mother in a wheelchair
Full Story
HOLIDAYSSurviving the Christmas Countdown: A Parent's Guide
Make things easier on yourself, for heaven's sake — and for the sake of truly enjoying the holiday with your family
Full Story
HEALTHY HOMEDecorate With Intention: Let Your House Help You De-Stress
Break free of automatic TV time and learn how to really unwind and recharge with these easy ideas that don't cost a dime
Full Story
TRADITIONAL ARCHITECTURESo Your Style Is: Early American
The people we know as Pilgrims set the style stage back in 1620
Full Story
HOLIDAYS15 Spectacular Christmas Palettes Beyond Red and Green
Instead of dragging out holiday decorations in the same old expected colors this year, dare to consider these gorgeous alternatives
Full Story
SMALL HOMESCan You Live a Full Life in 220 Square Feet?
Adjusting mind-sets along with furniture may be the key to happiness for tiny-home dwellers
Full Story
vee_new