SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skw27

Tile-what would you do?

skw27
7 years ago

These are just a few examples of the tile workmanship in my new house. This is not a builder grade tract home, this is a fully custom home. I have a GC who has been wonderful to this point and is very reputable in our area. I feel like I've been super overwhelmed with all of the tiny details and had noticed problems with the tiles but felt like it was too late to do anything about them since the grout was already dry. I also realized that I've felt under the gun to get the house done to stop paying on two places and also because the holidays are creeping up. Everything is pretty much done in the house and we would probably be ready to move in in about a week or two. I've also been worried about budget and about not wanting to be a pain in the a$$ by complaining. I originally thought maybe I was just being too picky. But I'm ready to throw all that crap out the window. I kindof feel like the GC is just hoping I won't say anything, and if I don't say anything then he's definitely not bringing it up as a problem because the grout is in and it would be a huge deal to redo it all. I'll add a few more pictures later, but if this was your tilework in your custom home what would you do? Am I expecting too much unrealistic perfection?

1/16 grout line NOT 1/16 consistently

The arabesque originally got put in with the wrong orientation so they put another one on top of the old one with the correct orientation and it is very crooked

Comments (28)