SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Sunday's bird viewing.. the good and the bad!

moonie_57 (8 NC)
7 years ago

Bald eagles have been making a comeback in our area for several years now. We're seeing them more and more. Sunday, we were outside watching a bald eagle floating around on air currents, hardly ever moving his wings. We continued to watch, then got excited when our resident red-tailed hawk also made his appearance. Then, believe it or not, we watched a falcon fly over! All at the same time, we saw an eagle, a hawk and a falcon! I'm fairly certain that will never happen again!

It was years before I started feeding the birds again because of our cats. Now that the girls are older and have little to no interest in the birds I began feeding again. I've been tossing seed on top of an old shed that's inside our privacy fence. The cats couldn't care less so I hung a feeder on the fence post, but up as high as I could get it. It's all been going well and both DH and I have enjoyed watching the birds.

Now for the bad... our neighbors cat climbed up on the fence and caught my male cardinal and killed him! We caught him red-handed and have just been sick about it. So, it's back to the top of the shed only. I've hung feeders up over the shed so we have a better view. I did it myself while DH was at work and ran into a few problems. lol The blue feeder fell twice and the whole bottom is cracked. I'm going to glue it this weekend and fix the hook problems I'm having. Been having a lot of purple finches. Apparently they prefer hanging feeders over platform.

My redneck bird feeding station and my Lonesome Dove.

Comments (17)