SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melis918

Need major backsplash guidance!

Melissa Kroger
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are moving right along with our kitchen remodel and I need to make a decision about my backsplash. Cabinets are white inset shaker with soapstone counters. Island is gray with white quartzite and there will be a quartzite slab attached to the back of the island at table height. Sink is ss farmhouse and hood is ss barrel hood with polished ss accents. Fridge is integrated and dw paneled. I'm using chrome bar pulls and my faucet is chrome. The overall look I'm going for is transitional with quite a few contemporary elements.

Templating was done yesterday and it was suggested that I run a soapstone backsplash behind the length of the window and on the sill/ledge. I agreed to it, but can still change my mind and just put it on the sill. My worry is that it will look heavy/dark/choppy/traditional.

my sink wall:

This is an example of what I agreed to:

For the backsplash I was originally thinking of large format marble tile, but am now considering these:

Do you think these are too busy to use everywhere? To complicate things more, I am planning a narrow shelf behind the range like this:

I worry about everything looking busy, which is the exact opposite of what I have been planning. I think I need to be reined in and put on a much clearer path.

Comments (7)