SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jml248

How much continuity in your furniture styles from room to room?

jml248
7 years ago

We are remodeling(rebuilding) our home room by room. We are a young family so right now our furniture solely consists of freebies and hand me downs. Eventually I would like to buy furniture that actually fits with my taste and our home's size/space.

Right now we are remodeling our kitchen and I am shopping for bar stools. We have an old farmhouse without any of the original character (destroyed by previous owners) and while we are not holding strictly to that style, it's definitely farmhouse (wood and tile floors (soapstone lookalike) but with some modern elements (door hardware, cabinet hardware, faucets etc.)

I prefer function (durable, well constructed, and easy to clean) with generally simple, clean lines. While I am looking to invest in some quality furniture for our living room ( we are big fans of Stickley) I'm not looking to spend a fortune on bar stools.

Our kitchen will be cherry shaker with soapstone counters and a rustic looking tile. It opens into the living room, not a full open concept, but not exactly closed off either.

These are the bar stools I'm looking at:

This living room (aside from it being the size of my entire house!) exemplifies the mix of natural elements and feel I would be going for with a mix of more refined and relaxed elements, mostly solid colors for the furniture. It also has the permanent wood and stone elements present in our house. .

Frio Family Retreat · More Info

I like the second stool the best, but we also have MCM furniture that we inherited (a china hutch and dining room table). Not really sure if we will keep them and they are both pretty large and a bit too large for our house.

Here's some shots of uninstalled cabs/soapstone (the soapstone will be unoiled so it will be a much lighter grey/blue color)

Would love some opinions!

Comments (11)