Dishwasher recommendation please
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (38)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
please recommend a safe automatic dishwasher product
Comments (10)newtoremodeling awh, thanks so much! I just love this place (smile) I am glad you are happy with the mop, makes cleaning the floors so much easier with great results. I think you will be happy with Charlies too..I just love the stuff so I ordered the 1280 load bucket...lol! As far as shaklee's basic H2.. I feel it is also a great product.. you only need one bottle and it will last months. They sell spray bottles in sets of three. (pretty too) so you make one for windows, one for all purpose and one for heavy cleaning jobs, it's labeled 'degreaser'.. less than 2 teaspoons makes (3) 16oz cleaners. Ree ebear did you get my email?...See Morerecommend a dishwasher please
Comments (18)Regardless of the brand you get, you can get a pan liner for under your dishwasher at an appliance parts store. Cost is about $30. We debated about whether these were a wise idea and decided yes. The pan does not have a fourth side on the front and is designed to direct any leaking toward the front of your dishwasher, so you will spot it right away. The con is that the leaking water would likely ruin your wood floor, but the pro is that you would catch it sooner and perhaps not ruin the cabinets too. It would definitely help catch a slow leak sooner. I think it is great the Bosch has an internal(?) one. We miss the 90s era Maytags. Quiet and we loved their racks. We could fit so much in them, with one side of the upper being slightly higher (yet still fitting glasses). We bought one for our old house, and when we moved here, that was what we bought when the existing one went out. However, Maytag had a huge recall with fire risks. We opted to have the door retrofitted rather than take the coupon. After 5 months, the door bent from their universal retrofit part and it would no longer close. No money off a new one, no return repair visit, so no more Maytag. We have a Kenmore, 3 yrs old. It is just okay. Quiet enough, but doesn't fit nearly enough larger items. On that point: the soap release is in the door, but low down. If you put a moderately tall item next to it, the soap will not release. Very annoying. The silverware tray developed a hole after less than a year and all I got was "sorry" from Sears. Oh, and I just got my hood from AJ Madison, and it looks great. Good service each time I called. I'd definitely shop there for appliances again....See MoreWhich Bosch dishwasher would you recommend?
Comments (20)I ended up with an 800 series and I'm very happy with it. I think I've had it about a year and would highly recommend. I have no problem with the racks and it doesn't stink. I think rack satisfaction has a lot to do with the type of dishes and other cooking implements one uses which is why some people take their dishes to the showroom to test. I've never been that picky so have never done that. I imagine stink may be related to usage habits - what you put in it and how long you leave it there. And maybe if you put dishes and cookware in with large pieces of food debris maybe it ends up in the filter. I don't put that sort of stuff in mine and rarely clean the filter. When I do there's nothing in there. I have noticed this dishwasher closes tight every time unless you consciously try to leave it ajar which is somewhat difficult to do. Sometimes I leave mine open a bit to dry after a cycle if it looks wet inside. The idea of an enclosed, warm, dark, moist place conjures up images of a petri dish.......See MoreCountertop dishwasher recommendation please
Comments (16)If you want to get one for your son, I recommend checking the clearance from the countertop to the upper cabinets - our apartment didn't have enough clearance, so we put ours on a microwave stand and wheeled it over when we wanted to use it. It worked fairly well, especially when I didn't want to handwash multiple loads. Oh, and the extra storage in the cart gave us space for large flour, liquor bottles, etc. We liked ours as it was nice to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher until they could be washed, rather than fill up our tiny single-sink. (I hate single sinks!). It didn't hold TONS of dishes, but could wash 4 places settings, or a few less dishes and a few medium size pot/pans. We have to handwash an oversize pot or two , but its still worth it. Before you get one, check his rental policy - ours said it was only allowed with permission from the landlord, otherwise we'd risk eviction if it was discovered. We showed our landlord the calcs that it used less water than filling the sink, and ours was approved. We kept a copy stuck to the dishwasher in case anyone ever asked, or caretakers changed. My only regret is the Danby model we bought - it eventually cracked in two spots on the faceframe. We glued it back together and still use it, but its kinda ugly....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGTackle Big Messes Better With a Sparkling-Clean Dishwasher
You might think it’s self-cleaning, but your dishwasher needs regular upkeep to keep it working hard for you
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDishwasher vs. Hand-Washing Debate Finally Solved — Sort Of
Readers in 8 countries weigh in on whether an appliance saves time, water and sanity or if washing by hand is the only saving grace
Full Story
HOUSEPLANTSMother-in-Law's Tongue: Surprisingly Easy to Please
This low-maintenance, high-impact houseplant, also known as snake plant, fits in with any design
Full Story
HOME OFFICESQuiet, Please! How to Cut Noise Pollution at Home
Leaf blowers, trucks or noisy neighbors driving you berserk? These sound-reduction strategies can help you hush things up
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESGreat Design Plant: Silphium Perfoliatum Pleases Wildlife
Cup plant provides structure, cover, food and water to help attract and sustain wildlife in the eastern North American garden
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESPathway Plantings That Please the Senses
Add some color, life and intrigue beside your sidewalk with these 7 suggestions
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWhere Should You Put the Kitchen Sink?
Facing a window or your guests? In a corner or near the dishwasher? Here’s how to find the right location for your sink
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean and Care for Your Mattress
Find out what you should do to protect your mattress from dust, moisture and stains
Full Story
UNIVERSAL DESIGNHow to Light a Kitchen for Older Eyes and Better Beauty
Include the right kinds of light in your kitchen's universal design plan to make it more workable and visually pleasing for all
Full Story

pudgeder