SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keako

Does this Layout Make Sense?

keako
7 years ago

Hello talented designers.. I am in the process of renovating my kitchen (new cabinets) and desperately need your help.

Ceilings: 78" h (due to soffit that can't be removed)
Left side base cabinet wall length: 140"
Left side wall cabinet wall length (under soffit): 106"
Right wall length: 117"

My appliances will be staying. I also have to include a 30" farm sink. The kitchen is open on both sides. It is galley style. The left wall is between and backs up to a bathroom on one end (can't be moved) and a laundry room one the other. The right wall backs up to a staircase and is between a hallway on one end and a dining room on the other. I will be doing 24" high white shaker style cabinets with cup pulls. Over the range I will do an 18" custom mantle range hood. I appreciate all suggestions but please know that I can not change the location or do any other extensive construction. The soffit going across the room contains a structural beam. I can move the fridge but need to leave the stove on the side it's on.

I am including the layout that I put together, but I am not sure if it is the smartest use of space. My layout shows 30" uppers but I will be using 24" instead. Does my layout make sense?

All suggestions welcomed. Many many thanks to you all! :)

I am inspired by these kitchens.

http://pinkroots.blogspot.com/

Comments (35)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio