SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottybarron

What do you call it?

Pawprint
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Suzieque brought up a good question in my "when do you decorate for the holidays" post.

Personally & privately I still call it "Christmas". But a few years ago it became politically incorrect to say the word "Christmas" and we now must say holiday.

For example all commercials referring to Christmas will say your "holiday dinner", "holiday card" and "holiday tree".

Since not everyone celebrates Christmas, when I'm out & about I just say Happy Holidays.

I have 2 friends that celebrate Hanukkah & another friend celebrates Kwanza.

What about you? Do you still say Christmas or holiday?

Comments (73)

• Frosted Charisma
    7 years ago

Both.

Pawprint thanked Frosted Charisma
  • marilyn_c
    7 years ago

If I say anything at all....I say Christmas. If that offends anyone....well, too bad.

Pawprint thanked marilyn_c
  • Related Discussions

what do you call a tub with 2 finished sides?

Q

Comments (28)
    Posting here since 10 years later this is still the best thread that came up when I tried to answer the same question about why nobody seems to sell a replacement tub for our current bath. After some further long searching though, Americh makes a model that can be used to replace this 50's style corner tub. Search for "Americh Bow Tub" The basic soaker starts at around $2,300 so is quite a bit less than the one previously mentioned in this thread.
    ...See More

What do you call this style of house?

Q

Comments (2)
    The current technical name is "Neo-Eclectic", which means that it combines a number of styles as a response to modernist architecture. The more vernacular term is McMansion.
    ...See More

what do you call this type of furniture "leg"?

Q

Comments (8)
    Patriceny, I appreciate that. I don't mind "needs refinishing" but "needs refinished"...ARGH. My keyboard melted a little bit just typing that. Palimpsest, I agree that patina doesn't work well with this style. This doesn't have elaborate veneer patterns so it wouldn't be too hard to redo. Of course, I could spray paint this with the colors of the local high school's rivals and that would not reduce its value one bit. :)
    ...See More

What do you call it when a new Mansion is torn down to make room..

Q

Comments (31)
    Not the kind of thing happening around me, but I've seen it quite a few times in the tony areas along our lakes or in beach towns or desirable urban neighborhoods. One family friend lives in a nice one story suburban ranch with a finished basement in a nice suburb of Detroit, and a giant two story house that takes up almost all of the lot went in next to her . . . it's happening all over her neighborhood and the same for my friend who lives in a nice suburban ranch in Chevy Chase MD, a suburb of Washington DC. Modest suburban homes aren't enough for the newer generation I guess . . .
    ...See More
  • Rusty
    7 years ago

I say Christmas. Always have, always will. Also never use the abbreviation with the X in it. Never have, never will. So Nov is "Happy Thanksgiving", Dec is "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year". I have never had anyone show any indication of being offended, nor am I offended if someone wishes me a Happy Hanukah, or whatever. Personally, I am fed up to the eyeballs with "political correctness".

Rusty

Pawprint thanked Rusty
  • katlan
    7 years ago

Christmas. Always.

Pawprint thanked katlan
  • pekemom
    7 years ago

Christmas

Pawprint thanked pekemom
  • User
    7 years ago

Christmas!

Pawprint thanked User
  • donna_loomis
    7 years ago

I'm not a religious zealot, but since the "December" holiday (for me) is when we celebrate Christ's birthday, it will always be Christmas. I don't care what other people call it. I am not offended, nor should they be when I call it Christmas. I also think that PC has gone way overboard. As the Beatles sang, just "Let it Be".

Pawprint thanked donna_loomis
  • nanny98
    7 years ago

Seems kinda silly....don't you think??? .I'm 81...near 82, and in all my years of living in many regions of our country and in other countries.....the generic "Merry Christmas" , and or "Happy New Year", said in many languages, conveyed the wish of the Season. I do "get it" that if one is a religious person, those sentiments could be translated into a religious greeting.....but has nothing to do with MY greeting. I am wishing everyone the Joy and good feelings and good health of the time of the year when we open our hearts to friends and neighbors. IF my friends and neighbors want to celebrate an additional element into this time of JOY, it is not my place to know about it or have any expectation of it being on my radar. In my opinion, the words "Freedom of Religion" means that "Religion" is a Private matter. I am not obliged to tell you mine or discuss yours.....it belongs to you. Wishing you all the JOY of the coming winter Season that includes being Thankful for all the good things in my life on "Thanksgiving Day", and all the Good thoughts and Warm Wishes that we share with each other, during the "Christmas Holidays". With much Love, Nanny

Pawprint thanked nanny98
  • Elmer J Fudd
    7 years ago

I think the answer varies by region and by location within regions. In my semi-urban, semi-suburban area with a lot of ethnic and cultural diversity, many people I know with family ancestry in a Christian denomination don't consider Christmas to have important and personal religious significance. It's a seasonal/secular holiday for them and others of non-Christian backgrounds (of which there are very many). I know it's different for many people and different elsewhere, that's fine.

In my mind, religion is a personal and private matter and it should stay that way. Trying to merge what is a deeply personal religious event for some with public events and discussions in a mixed crowd can be troublesome. It doesn't take any effort to avoid offense by saying "Have a Happy Holiday" or something like that, and sending out cards to that effect if you're a card sender.

Pawprint thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • paperweights
    7 years ago

If people are looking to be offended, they will find offense in whatever is said. It is pretty sad that we have come to this. I say "Merry Christmas," just like many generations before me.

Pawprint thanked paperweights
  • eld6161
    7 years ago

Things have changed in the public sector. When my DD's started school, they are now 27 and 29, the school decorated with Christmas trees and menorahs. When they entered middle school, it became only winter decorations, snowmen, snowflakes etc.

At work our Christmas party turned into a holiday party, then a staff appreciation day. Since a staff day can be anytime it started to get pushed later and later. Now, we don't have a party at all!

In my town, there is still a lighting of an outdoor Christmas tree.

I think people still say Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah etc.

Pawprint thanked eld6161
  • Rudebekia
    7 years ago

Christmas

Pawprint thanked Rudebekia
  • Kathsgrdn
    7 years ago

Christmas, because that's what it is. lol

Pawprint thanked Kathsgrdn
  • kathleen44
    7 years ago

Christmas, I don't say holiday eve or holiday day. I say christmas eve and christmas day. I say christmas tree and not holiday tree. christmas is a holiday like easter, thanksgiving, do you not say those either and say holiday? Why do they attack christmas? Other religions are allowed to call theirs what it is. So should we. Just like thanksgiving and other days that are special for different reasons we don't call them holiday either, we call it by like labour day, veteran day and new years eve and new years day. I will always call it christmas, always. As it is that. Should to have it as it is and sing songs, and enjoy meal and presents and all those that come with it, the nativity. Do you sing holiday songs, do you open holiday gifts? Holiday is the special day and you call it christmas.

Pawprint thanked kathleen44
  • Pawprint
    Original Author
    7 years ago

A few years back I worked in a call center. We were NOT allowed to say "Merry Christmas" to the callers. Only happy holidays was approved. The company said they didn't want to be known for celebrating only Christian holidays & excluding everyone else.

I had a friend who sat next to me. His caller actually said "happy Kwanzaa" to him. He was extremely offended. He said, "Just because I'm black doesn't mean I don't celebrate Christmas too". He thought she was making fun of his culture.

I think it falls under the same rule. Never tell a woman "congrats on your pregnancy" until u actually see the baby coming out. People say this to my aunt all the time. She's NOT pregnant. Just a little over weight and has a big belly. She really gets mad when people want to rub her belly thinking it's a baby in there. Not good.

I honestly think people have good intentions. Just mistakes happen.

• Abby Krug
    7 years ago

It's Christmas unless I know you celebrate something else.

Pawprint thanked Abby Krug
  • arcy_gw
    7 years ago

Its name is CHRISTMAS. No one gets to re-name something just because THEY don't celebrate it. Retail establishments want unbelievers to continue to spend money and celebrate with that guy in the red suit--but that is in their financial interest. I do not celebrate Yom Kippur but I would NEVER consider changing that holiday's name just because I am not Jewish. That is RIDICULOUS!! If someone said "Happy Kwanza" to me I would not reel as if INSULTED..I might say "and Merry Christmas" to you. We really really need to cut the PC police off at the knees. All this feigned insult is childish and soooo not "tolerant". My neighbor may not share my values and beliefs but to be INSULTED by them, to work to say I cannot express them equally the way s/he can express theirs is INSANITY. I refuse to live in CRAZY TOWN. Christmas is Christmas the way the 4th of July is the 4th of July and Halloween is Halloween. GET OVER IT PC police. Jesus came into the world--ignoring it doesn't make it not so!! WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM!!! just sayin.

Pawprint thanked arcy_gw
  • caseynfld
    7 years ago

Arcy, NO ONE is changing the name of Christmas!!! They are simply including all December holidays in their well wishes.

Is it so hard to wish someone Happy Holidays if you don't know which holiday they celebrate??

No need to get soooooo worked up about it, really!

Pawprint thanked caseynfld
  • User
    7 years ago

LOL - Yule existed long before Christmas. Not everyone believes in Jesus. Early Christians adopted the pagan celebration of the winter solstice to keep people celebrating at that time of year, and called it Jesus's birthday. Religion has always been an easy way to control people.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm 

Pawprint thanked User
  • amylou321
    7 years ago

I ran into something sticky over this at work a few years ago. I always decorate really elaborately. I wrap the ceiling tiles and walls and file cabinets,clip lights the the ceiling,.etc. Everyone really enjoys it,including the higher ups. One year, one lone fuddy duddy of unknown religion objected to it. I was called into the hr office and told by a very sad looking hr guy that I had to take it down because some ONE had complained. I refused however. I pointed out that as the COMPANY gives christmas as a paid holiday, if that some ONE chose to take advantage of the day off with pay, or the extra money if they worked that day, not only do they not object, they accept christmas as a company holiday,and therefore should not have a say in how the company mandates decorations. They said that they agreed and would give fuddy duddy the choice. The decorations still go up every year. I did push it the year I had a 20 foot tall inflatable snowman out front, but people always love it. As for fuddy duddy,he is now retired and humbugging up his cabin in the woods no doubt.( I know who the fuddy duddy was because he announced it,loudly, to me after the hr meeting)

I say Merry Christmas. There is nothing offensive about wishing someone a merry or happy whatever. If someone wished me a happy Hanukkah, I would be honored. Even though I am not of that faith,it's a nice gesture. I don't know why people would see being wished a merry Christmas as a slight, but it takes all kinds to make up the crazy world we live in doesn't it? Some people love to be outraged and offended, so if I were to wish such people a merry Christmas,and it garnered that response, well I did them a favor didn't I?

Happy Halloween everyone!

Pawprint thanked amylou321
  • Pawprint
    Original Author
    7 years ago

We were not allowed to decorate our desks at work for Halloween. Someone went to HR & said it was a witches holiday & celebrated by Wiccans & she was offended.

All Halloween decorations came down that day.

• amylou321
    7 years ago

Another happy hating fuddy duddy.....what a shame.

Ya know, I never understood the whole thing when one person complains they rest of the office has to comply? In my mind,majority should rule in these things,as long as no one is forcing the fuddy duddy in question to participate in holiday themed events,they should be told to suck it up,instead of sucking all the happiness out of the place.

• Elizabeth
    7 years ago

I say Merry Christmas and no-one has ever had a meltdown upon hearing it.

Pawprint thanked Elizabeth
  • pudgeder
    7 years ago

PC is overrated.

I say "Merry Christmas!" and always will. Where I work we have many, MANY people that are Muslim. They tell us "Merry Christmas" as well.

Pawprint thanked pudgeder
  • Yayagal
    7 years ago

Merry Christmas for me too.

Pawprint thanked Yayagal
  • Elmer J Fudd
    7 years ago

"I say "Merry Christmas," just like many generations before me."

When I was born, the US population was nearly 90% Caucasian people of European origin. That isn't the case anymore, far from it. I think in California, that percentage is under 50% today. Also, a lot of things were done "many generations before" aren't appropriate or acceptable today - we all need to change with the times.

To me, a Muslim or Jew expressing "Merry Christmas" to someone they think is Christian is being friendly and gracious. To return the same greeting to someone known to NOT be of that persuasion is thoughtless and egocentric. It has nothing to do with being PC or not.

Yes, you can't tell a person's religious affiliation from their appearance or assumption from
    their national identity - there are Indians who are Christians, Chinese
    and Filipinos and Caucasian Americans who are Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, atheists, etc, just like everyone of all origins. There's no need to risk offending someone. For those who have religious or moral beliefs of a non-religious source, why not follow the Golden Rule?

• Pawprint
    Original Author
    7 years ago

You are absolutely right Elmer, you can't tell what holiday anyone celebrates from looking at them.

With our anti-discrimination laws, even the people who dress up as Santa in the shopping malls might not practice the Christian religion & believe in Christmas!

Amy, yup. More fuddy-duddy. Everything in the corporate world these days must be so politically correct.

Being a gay male I do sometime appreciate this. I would never boycott anyone's holiday but it was nice going to a safe place to work where discrimination of any kind wasn't tolerated.

I don't even participate on the gay pride day & march, but I don't boycott that either. To each there own - in my book.

• amylou321
    7 years ago

It's true. You can't tell a person's religion just by looking at them. And as you cant tell,not wishing someone merry Christmas for fear of offending them is silly. Being offended by such a thing is even sillier. If i offend someone by wishing them merry Christmas, and only by doing that,then that person needs a hug and a giant mug of cocoa. With marshmallows. Lots and lots of marshmallows.

Saying Merry Christmas is not saying "Accept that Christianity is the only true religion or suffer the wrath of the righteous...... heathen sinner." The fact is, a lot of people celebrate Christmas with no religious connection at all. Just Santa Claus and presents and such. When I wish someone merry Christmas, I mean just that. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I want that day to be merry for you,truly. Should I just not say anything to anyone unless someone is wearing a "I heart christmas" sticker on their forehead?

I can kinda understand the whole "holiday" thing in the corporate world,where so many different cultures and religions work together. It's better to have one holiday party than a Christmas party, a Hanukkah party, a winter solstice party,etc. But again, as long as no one is required to participate in holiday themed events,and no one is required to show proof of their religious beliefs before they can have a piece of cake at the aforementioned holiday party, I don't see why so many companies have started to ban any sort of fun around the holidays. We had a door decorating contest last year at my job, and there were christmas doors, a couple Hanukkah doors,someone even decorated their door for their own birthday, which was in december. (I wiped the floor with all of them of course........amateurs) but the point is, it wasn't mandatory, no one was offended by anyone else's decorations,(as the fuddy duddy is retired) and it was something fun to break up the tedium at work. People who are offended by fun, or a honest,warm wish that they have a merry Christmas shouldn't even be acknowledged,let alone coddled. Unfortunately, we live in an oversensitive, PC mandated, sue-happy society. And as long as the courts keep feeding THAT beast, I see no end of the madness in sight. Squeaky wheels and all that.

In any case, I can't think of anything that would create a more "hostile workplace" than someone trying to eliminate my dancing candy cane lights.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    7 years ago

I think the disconnect is behind the intent. I'll use Easter for an example. I see Easter as a perfectly universally enjoyed holiday observed by many by the Easter bunny leaving baskets filled with goodies and a celebration of spring with tulips and pretty hats in pastel colors. Easter egg hunts with money hidden in a special egg. All of that is PURELY secular. Nothing about that is Christian. Not our symbols not our reason for that season. If I am wishing someone a Happy Easter in that sense, but all I say is Happy Easter, how can they know that is what I thinking about? It's certainly what I intended when I asked about this same question years ago. Had to go dig that link up because here we are again!

If I see someone I know is a Christian, we may likely greet each other with Happy Easter, but it is surely followed up with "He is Risen!" "He is Risen indeed!!!". Happy Easter is meant in a fully joyous celebration of His redemption. Sure we're we're wearing pastels, and have eggs after church, but we've worn our crosses and communed together over the blood. So it's really really different than secular Easter.

But how could a Jewish person know what those things are like if they've never done it or seen it, and so, they can't know the different intent I have behind "Happy Easter" or "Happy Easter".

Just don't be surprised when you fully meant the secular version and they take it as the Christian version even though it never even crossed your mind.

Pawprint thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • User
    7 years ago

I would like to know when the rumour started (and who started it) about people not called Christmas Christmas. I work in the NE part of Calgary. Anyone who knows the Northeast part of Calgary knows the population there is 99% Sikh, Hindu, Muslim. And guess what? When it's Christmas, they say, "Merry Christmas" to me and my co-workers MORE than Christians do. This whole "Keep calling it Christmas" crap on Facebook drives me insane every year. Maybe one or two non-Christians have complained about it. But trust me, the 200,000+ living in the area I work in, they don't care!

Pawprint thanked User
  • maddielee
    7 years ago

I keep hearing people say they have been told not to say "Merry Christmas".

I was never told this, have any of you actually been told not to say it?

Pawprint thanked maddielee
  • Alisande
    7 years ago

No one has ever told me that either. I suspect this may have had its origins with the ultra-conservative radio entertainers.

Pawprint thanked Alisande
  • anoriginal
    7 years ago

Nothing to do with being PC, but we have sort of changed names of holidays. No matter what "side" of family, not many little ones around... no babies. Everybody has a really busy schedule, so most holidays have to be adjusted?!? My sister has her husband's grown sibs/kids over for "Thanksmas". One T-day but no possibility of getting everybody back together for Christmas ON Christmas. My brother does "Festivus" about half way between Thanksgivingg and Christmas.

Pawprint thanked anoriginal
  • Adella Bedella
    7 years ago

We say Christmas. I'm surrounded by people of different cultures from other countries. When we have neighborhood and other get-togethers, our neighbor kids are there too enjoying themselves. If I'm aware someone is celebrating something in their culture, we'll wish them Happy that day. No one seems to get really offended one way or another. I think it is more of an American thing to be offended.

Pawprint thanked Adella Bedella
  • Pawprint
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Well, at work we were told under NO uncertain terms to EVER wish a caller Merry Christmas. We must say Happy Holiday. The only time we can say Merry Christmas is if the customer says it first.

Other than work, nobody specifically said don't say "Christmas". But all around me I see stores & commercials all say "holiday" instead.

Even when I buy Christmas cards, I buy the ones that say "happy holidays" and no religious quotes inside.

My family & friends are mixed. For example, my sister is agnostic so I have to respect that.

One friend celebrates nothing at all. Another 2 are Jewish & one celebrates Kwanzaa.

Anymore, to be safe & politically correct, I just say "happy holidays".

Which is why in my post about holiday decorations - there are so many people that read the Kitchen Table posts, I wanted to be all inclusive & not offend anyone, the best I could.

• Alisande
    7 years ago

For example, my sister is agnostic so I have to respect that.

Really? Lots of people are merry at Christmas without giving it a religious connotation. You know your sister, of course, but I can't imagine a non-believer taking offense at being given the standard greeting.

• eld6161
    7 years ago

klseiverd, I knew a family that traditionally held there Thanksgiving for the whole family the week before. No problem with the airfare, or extended family conflicts etc. One hundred percent turnout.

I thought this was brilliant. Then everyone could go or not to a dinner on the actual without the stress of choosing.

Pawprint thanked eld6161
  • Elmer J Fudd
    7 years ago

"I can't imagine a non-believer taking offense at being given the standard greeting"

You should imagine it because it happens. It depends on what's said and how.

For me, it's not so much that I take offense but there are times I find it rude. When someone feels the need to orally express their own religious beliefs inappropriately and out of context to the situation, in my face, I don't like it. If I retorted with an expression of my own views and my opinion of their belief, in their face, THEY would be offended. As I said before, the Golden Rule gives good instruction.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    7 years ago

I'm offended with everyone getting offended at anything and everything.

Pawprint thanked Sherry8aNorthAL
  • Alisande
    7 years ago

Elmer, I agree with your last paragraph (I feel the same way), but my idea of "the standard greeting" was a cheerful, "Merry Christmas!"--not an oral expression of someone's religious beliefs. I think the two are quite separate.

• Elmer J Fudd
    7 years ago

Yes, agree that's how it is often. But not always. What people can say and how they should conduct themselves at a church or other religious event is different from what goes at, say, a gathering of neighbors or friends who are a diverse group.

• paperweights
    7 years ago

The politically correct police are out in force.

Pawprint thanked paperweights
  • Alisande
    7 years ago

My Christmas card (yes, I think of it as a Christmas card) from last year expresses how I feel about the holidays. On the back it says Christmas 2015 with my name underneath.

(Obviously, the original didn't have my watermarked initials on it.)

• Elizabeth
    7 years ago

Have you noticed that in America we are so busy being politically correct so as not to offend anyone, that we offend everyone? In the name of tolerance....we have become completely intolerant. It is exhausting. If someone wishes me well for any type of holiday, I thank them and wish them well also. It's nice to just smile and enjoy the good will.

• amylou321
    7 years ago

The Golden Rule huh? Well, I would have others be friendly and wish me a Merry Christmas, or happy whatever holiday they celebrate. So what do I do about that?

Great googly moogly. People are so uppity. A genuine holiday greeting is hardly the same or even close to condemning those who don't share your religious beliefs. If it is, as some people are inclined to argue, I better not put up my christmas lights this year. Someone might drive by, see my twinkling icicle lights, and interpret them as a multicolored middle finger to non Christmas celebrators. And my snowman holding the "Merry Christmas " sign might as well be mooning passersby, for all the fuss some people think will be made of it. And as for the nativity scene, well maybe I'll just set it up in the attic, and invite other Christians to creep up there in the dead of night for clandestine Manger meetings.

I really dont buy that so many people are offended by a Christmas specific greeting. I think that a handful of REALLY squeaky wheels,who like nothing better than to have something to complain about teamed up with some bleeding heart ,guilt ridden(well intended,no doubt) suck ups to suck the joy out of the holidays. I have yet to meet someone of another faith or even of no faith express offense at a merry Christmas greeting. How's this squeaky? Have some eggnog,and unclench.

However, I will agree that while not offensive,it is rather annoying to have sanctimonious bible thumpers condemn all non religious decor or celebrations of Christmas. They,also, need to have some nog and unclench. However, I don't equate wishing someone a Merry Christmas with trying to shove religion down someone's throat. If someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah, my first reaction would be to thank them and reciprocate,not stand in indignation at the the audacity of this....this...JEWISH PERSON,who dares try to degrade my own personal beliefs with their........HANUKKAH greeting! Oh the nerve they must have to greet me with such...such..DIFFERENT beliefs,which have such a HIGH impact on my own self worth,and so cheerfully too. The monster. The insensitive clod. The horror! (insert eye roll here)

ETA: (mmmmmmm eggnog. Dang it,now I have to get up and go the the store. I hate when I do that to myself)

• Abby Krug
    7 years ago

OT- short rant about PC culture: I remember when political correctness was about showing much deserved respect toward people who were not considered mainstream- be it religious or ethnic minorities or the LGBT community. Basically, we wanted to be sure Archie Bunker's chauvinism was put to bed. How did we go from striving to show respect toward all people to using prescriptive language as a tool for stiffling free speech is beyond me- and utterly defeats the point of showing respect for one another.

Pawprint thanked Abby Krug
  • Elizabeth
    7 years ago

Remember the words of comedian George Carlin? " Beware the word police, they are the thought police."

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    7 years ago

I totally get the corporate entities that substitute "happy holidays" in their advertising, phone responses, etc. They are marketing/appealing to a very diverse customer population, not just to Christians, at that time of year. This is in no way an effort to suppress any individual's religious expression.

If you say Merry Christmas out of custom, fine. If you say it as a religious expression, that is fine, too. Just don't have the expectation that all must honor your custom or religious expression by following your custom. Don't be defensive or hostile about those that don't. It is Christmas (in a religious sense) to you and me, not particularly to so everyone, even nominal "Christians". Some respect the day as a historical, cultural custom but in a totally secular mindset. Others, like some older Jewish friends, have grown up in the USA knowing that their religious identity didn't get respect from the majority, and in fact experienced being marked out as the object of disrespect and treated as foreign in their native land ( you might be surprised to learn how much this still goes on, actually, although one hopes that it is diminishing). With that in mind I don't find it hard to have empathy for those who don't celebrate Christmas and can say "Happy Holidays" without feeling that I am betraying my heritage or my Christian faith.

Pawprint thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • cynic
    7 years ago

"Religion has always been an easy way to control people." Well said!

When in business I followed Happy Holidays for business reasons. After I was out of that line I went back to "Merry Christmas" but soon realized that's really not what I intend. I want to express that I hope they have a Happy New Year, Thanksgiving, Bacon Day, Whiners Day, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Humbug Day and more.

Pawprint thanked cynic
  • jemdandy
    7 years ago

In my family, we all say Christmas for the Dec. 25th holiday season because we all know that period as Christmas whether we are religious or not. When we say, Christmas. we know its the last week of December and not Thanksgiving or New Year's Day, or one of the other celebrated days.

Pawprint thanked jemdandy