SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparklekitchen

White/off-white kitchen backsplash help

sparklekitchen
7 years ago

We have ordered Schlock cabinetry in "dover" with Silestone Lusso quartz. We have lookalike travertine stone floors (they are porcelain). Only the floors are done, and I'm struggling to work out the backsplash, which is difficult without full sized samples of anything! I've never even seen a full size of the quartz as we live in a fairly remote area.

I have two questions I'd appreciate input on.

1. Would it be too "white" to do a white tile backsplash? I like the more modern look of glass and am considering Arizona Islandia glass. I got a white sample of both that and Daltile's Colorwave series, and the Daltile white looked too grey, but the Islandia looks warmer, but still very white. The obvious choice would be the Islandia as it is warmer but it still worries me that it might be too white.

2. We are also considering doing a different color (the blue) of the Islandia tile as the backsplash behind the cooktop and hood. Would this be crazy? I'd just like to inject a teeny bit of color, but blue all around would be too much. I think the color looks nice with the sample of countertop, though the greyer color looks better.

Photos of all these colors are attached below. Would love any and all input please!!

"Dover" Cabinet color.

Dover in a full kitchen, though I think it looks a bit less yellow in different lighting. (I have noted that it has a white backsplash but I can't get any details. Again, I'm worried my glass idea may be too white, and maybe this shot is ceramic, but I'd love to know from anyone with experience!)

Lusso Counterop

Lusso countertop again, with white

Island glass in the white, with a different grey (we don't want this grey)

The blue Islandia for possibly behind cooktop/hood

The other color, Tinos, that would be an option for behind the cooktop

Comments (6)