SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grapefruit1_ar

Feeling sad for a house?

grapefruit1_ar
7 years ago

Do you ever feel bad when you see new owners take over a property and not maintain it as it previously had been?

I have a bad feeling about a house in our town. I have been driving by it for 60 years. The 90 year old owner has had to leave the area to live with her daughter. She kept it impeccably....super sweet.

Two nights ago I was driving by and saw a young man hanging big white blinds where the beautiful white curtains once hung. There was a " college football team logo" blanket gracing a large wall in the living room! I immediately felt so bad.

I just envision a home with glaring overhead lighting, plain white blinds, a huge TV, and posters taped to the walls. I hope that I am wrong!

On the other hand, I feel so excited when I see someone spruce up a home! I really love that. I have been trying to send a " love note" to the residents when I see this happen.....telling them that I love what they are doing. I do not know the folks....but I figure that they would like to hear that their hard work is noticed and appreciated.

Do you, too, feel emotional about houses?

Comments (14)