SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

I'm torn - this is not easy and I feel so sad

User
16 years ago

My Mom keeps calling to ask me to do things for her. I typed out 4 pages of how to take care of her, change her mailing details, get her home health care. Nothing has changed.

She calls me to tell my how busy my sister is. Can I do this, can I do that for her. No. I wrote everything down - has SISTER read this yet? no she's so busy

I feel so torn inside. My SISTER wanted a live in nanny, my Mom wants her grandsons. I agreed with the solution to go live with her grandsons. Now she calls because she needs things. I feel like the horrible daughter. Guilty. Guilty, guuuuiiiilllllltttttyyyyy.

She should be in a care home. I don't drive, I'm on the bus. I know my sister is doing the best she can for her. She has her lunch made every day and I have no doubt in my mind she's doing her best.

But my Mom won't ask her for things that should be done for her. This is ridiculous. I've not been posting because I feel profoundly sad. I feel like I've let my Mom down, big time.

I don't know what to do. She had it good here, I'd do anything except let my house become my SISTER's. I had enough. Now my mom is finding it a little hard for some things.

I feel sad, angry, depressed.

I don't know what to do. I'm losing it.

Comments (23)