SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10512886

White spots on ficus lyrata leaves

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi all,

I have three ficus lyrata plants which I have had outside all summer, and moved indoors for the cool season about a week and a half ago. Two are a bush shape in my living room, and one is a tree in my kitchen. Last week, on a plant in the living room; I noticed small holes in the leaves, some minuscule webbing near the stems/trunks, and upon removing it from its rolling stand to water, noticed whitish, almost invisible insects on the rolling tray (spider mites?) I used Safer insecticidal soap concentrate to spray the leaves, did a soil drench with a bit of concentrate mixed into the watering can, then gave it a shower in the tub.

Just now while checking out the tree in my kitchen, I've noticed these white patches on the leaves (both tops and undersides), and some brown spots on the undersides as well. The brown spots could be oedema from when I first got it about a year ago. I brought it home with some on quite a few leaves. There is none on any of the new growth since I've had it. But it's the the white patches that are concerning me! It appears healthy otherwise. I began cleaning the leaves off with a damp cloth, and then thought to post here. There aren't any holes in the leaves, just these white patches. What could it be? I just gave it a shower a few days ago (these plants are like my third, fourth and fifth children, obviously) and so I'm hesitant to do another soil drench, as it won't need another soaking for about a week and a half.

thoughts?

Comment