SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Help! Need Advice QUICKLY on Home Repair Gone Bad

LynnNM
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Back in late-February I called a repair service that I found on one of those well-known online referral places. My Kitchenaid refrigerator's bottom freezer was alternately freezing up and dripping water and the drawer wouldn't close properly. And, my KA double wall oven wasn't working well either. The bottom oven was great, but the top oven would only turn on sporadically. No rhyme or reason as to why. The first visit, she replaced the drawer tracks on the freezer drawer and fiddled with the oven. That visit cost me $822.62.

She return a week later and installed a new heating element on the top oven. That cost me $155.06. It was needed, as the outer rings were not turning in at all.

Problem: a month later the freezer drawer was again freezing up and dripping water, but not as much. The drawer was closing great, though. AND, the oven was still periodically not turning on, again, no rhyme or reason as to why.

I have a year's warranty on all this, but with both my parents very ill and DD having a very Mom-intensive 3-week recovery after surgery, and three or four trips out of state, I've just lived with it. I finally called about 6-7 weeks ago and she came out and fiddled with it again. No repairs done then and no charge. She said that she was going to do research and see what she could find out. She never called me back.

I made another appt. with her to come out last Monday. The appt. was for 8AM. She called at 7:45 AM to tell me the part didn't come in and rescheduled for today. Both nights before she was/is scheduled to come out, I've had to spend almost 2 hours emptying my refrigerator and freezer and hauling everything out to the garage freezer. It's time consuming and exhausting, and then I need to haul everything back that evening and put it back again!

QUESTION: Do you think she should be charging me for the labor? The part? Anything? She prides herself of not charging for travel time, BTW.

But I've spent almost $1,000.00 and I still have the same two problems, minus the drawer that now closes like it should. Anything?

Quick, as she should be here any minute to again work on them both. What would you do and say??????

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert