SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Please help my daughter/SIL with house facade...quickly!

nhb22
10 years ago

My daughter and son-in-law basically have until tomorrow to decide what color they are to paint their home. They have been so involved with a new baby, that they have put off the painter many times. The painter says he has an opening to start tomorrow. YIKES!

Here is the side of the house. Notice the paint samples on the lower wall (near the brick line). They have two colors...a light putty and a darker gray/brown. My daughter and I like the darker color and feel that it matches the brick better. However, I noticed that it may clash with the roof and overwhelm the front of the house. Front view to follow. Any suggestions for paint color combinations...light or dark for the base and the lower areas of the house. The kids are talking a light trim with black shutters. The base can be anywhere from Gray to brownish.

They are on a limited budget, but would also like some ideas of what to do to disguise or replace the under-house arches and Victorian looking rail spindles. I have suggested a darker color on the bottom if they cannot afford to replace that area. If they can, I suggested getting rid of cross lattice look and replace with a horizontal/vertical lattice. Or, I like the look of a wider horizontal slat like on Low Country houses. I'll try to dig up a photo example. I just think the front looks unbalanced.

The stairs are being torn down and re-worked. This outside work will basically be the last of their updates for the house. The inside looks great! They are thinking of selling and finding something with more room and less stairs.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Low Country look. See the slats under the arches? Of course, they would love to do a brick foundation, but that is out of the question.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH