SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smhinnb

Europe for beginners

smhinnb
7 years ago

Although we've traveled quite a bit in Canada and the US, plus the Caribbean, etc., my husband and I have never been to Europe. There are so many places that interest us that it's almost overwhelming to plan. He'd like to spend time in France / Belgium, I'm interested in Germany, Croatia, Italy, even Hungary and Romania... We both love history, especially military history. Neither of us seem to be very interested in England - but maybe we should be! Maybe we'd love it. We've actually started to consider an organized multi-country tour that - we're thinking - might be a good introduction. See the highlights in a few different areas, and from there maybe we'll know better what areas we'd like to return to. Having never stayed in European hotels nor flown through European airports, there is something attractive about letting someone else look after the organizational details the first time. I can observe and learn.

Is that a silly idea? If you think we're on the right track, does anyone have any specific tours or tour companies they would recommend? Probably no more than 10-12 days. I read the River Cruise thread with great interest, that's definitely on our 'someday' list (I'd love to do the Christmas markets river cruise) but that won't be our first trip. What do you think?

Comments (23)