SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scott_aberegg

Capital Range COB304 Dual Fuel is a piece of Stool

Scott Aberegg
7 years ago

read the reviews bought what I though was "the best" in terms of performance but WTF? Second time tonight using the oven and the thing will NOT heat. It says it's heating, but it's not heating up and none of the elements are on. It started fine like last time, but we opened the door to vent the "manufacturing oils" as the Capital representative I spoke with a few days ago described them. and after that, the heat shut off. It stalled at 415 degrees and would not heat to 425 and indeed cooled off after that. I have spent the last 3 hours turning on and off the circuit breaker, trying to get it out of cleaning mode, putting a fan in front of it to try to get the stubborn mule to open the F*&%$ up and now, there it is "preheating" on bake but stalled at 150 degrees forever, with no visible heating element activity. Stuff clicking inside, but no results. This is a disgrace. I should have paid more attention to the various complaints I have seen online about the electronics of these things. It's one thing to make a massive open burner with 25K BTU and weld together a behemoth machine that weighs 400#, it is quite another to make the electronics actually work. Between the 2 of us, my wife and I have 5 degrees, and we have pored over the user manual, so if we missed something, it is not our fault, it is the fault of the chucklebuckets at Capital who can't make a user interface or a user manual which allows the average person to troubleshoot problems. More likely, the electronics within this beast are too rudimentary and pedestrian to befit a $7000 appliance. For shame!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH