SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chromatic

Is my tile choice a bad one? Should I start over?

Chromatic
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have a small shower to tile with a window. I was planning on running a pencil liner around the shower at the level of the window ledge to separate the two types of tile. A tile man came today and looked at my job and said my tile scheme was "stupid" and "ugly" and that it would interfere with selling my house which is my goal in a month. I purchased this tile over a year ago before I got sick. I don't think I can return it. He suggested spending more money to get large tiles like 12 x 24 in porcelain or ceramic tile because "nobody is doing 6" tile". I don't know what to do as I am not a designer and don't know what the trends are. Is he right? My house is built in 1980 it is a ranch in a large development in Boca Raton. They sell for a little over $400k now. I thought this color scheme went with the other improvements we have made such as the floor. I thought using the offwhite polished edge stone on top would make tiling around the window easier because I wouldn't have to find a bullnose. Now he mentions the Schluter edge around windows. I have bullnose for the stone I was putting below the pencil liner. Please give me your opinions. I am at a crossroads. I have seen photos of tile jobs like what I am proposing but I don't know if they are dated or not.

Comments (32)