SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
syllabub

Would love advice on kitchen lighting and mixed metal finishes!

Stacey M
7 years ago

I am terrible at lighting! We've got a major kitchen overhaul happening, and almost everything is agreed upon except the lighting and hardware. Overall kitchen is avery simple. Cabinets will be a darkish grey (SW Gauntlet Gray) shaker, with white shaker uppers. White subway tile with gray grout, floors are a walnut stain hardwood. Soapstone counters. There is already can and under cabinet lighting planned. I need pendants (2? 3?) over the peninsula and one pendant over the table/breakfast area. The peninsula is only 6 1/2 feet, and I have no idea how many lights I need, or how large. I tend to lean toward industrial style lighting, or schoolhouse.

I was thinking of brass pendants over the peninsula, something like one of these:

And a basic warehouse pendant over the table, like this:

So, here's the thing-- I really love the idea of mixing finishes (I'm not much of matchy matchy person). My plan was to use a champagne brass faucet and hardware on the gray cabinets, and an ORB hardware on the uppers (I don't particularly care for the brass on the white look). Appliances are stainless. I guess the lighting should help tie all this in? Is this TOO much mixing?

The general kitchen plan:

I'm open to any ideas/criticisms! The more I try to figure it out, the more confused I'm getting. The layout shows white counters throughout, but it will actually be soapstone, with cararra marble on the little L shape near the banquette (free remnant piece!). Any ideas are SO incredible welcome and appreciated!

Comments (18)