SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rifisnj

Anyone recognize this floriferous, highly disease resistant rose?

First spotted while out walking mid July this year. Along the sidewalk in front of a gardener's home. From a distance, a mass of white - unclear it was a rose. Up close: Pale yellow centers, fading to cream. Blooms all looked fresh. Definite light fragrance - fruity? I'm no Robert Parker. I'd call it a floribunda. 3 1/2 to 4 feet high. Upright habit. Foliage clean and intact, top to bottom.

Once home, I consulted Peter K's list, and concluded it might be Macy's Pride.

I passed the house again about 4 weeks later. Lots of blooms, but color different. Pale apricot? Still good fragrance and clean foliage. Lady at home said she gave it no care at all - "I don't have the time". She advised "it's a Knockout" (!) purchased, containerized, 2 years before.

Five days ago, I collected and brought a cutting to the Farm where it was purchased. I took these pictures the same day. The rose people didn't recognize it as one they sold.

The buds (5 days ago) are orange. The color (petals) in the 2 top pictures seems a bit deeper than what my eye saw. This rose must have received some supplemental water this very dry (but humid) summer. as the nearby hostas are only a little crispy.

Any ideas?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths