SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evie4

Disease Resistant Roses for Willamette Valley

evie4
15 years ago

I should mention I'm really new to roses, I had a half dozen pretty hedge like type in front of my house for many years, but half of them didn't do well and I always had to contend with black spot--last year I pulled them out.

I would like to put 2 or 3 types in my backyard now. The first requirement is that the are disease resistent. I was able to find a list of roses and their resistance through my extension service, but the problem I'm having is actually finding them (by the names listed) on the market.

I'm hoping to get some names that are available this season.

I'm looking for both (tall) bush and climbing...I need to add some vertical structures to my garden. Repeat blooming. I prefer single petal, but will consider others. Light pink, whites, peach type color would be my preferences, but again, I will consider other colors that meet the other requirements.

I'm trying to change the style of my garden. It's a bit formal looking and I want to soften it up giving it more of a cottage feel.

I appreciate ANY recommendations. I've spent so much time surfing the net that I'm worn out!

Evie

Comments (9)