SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
housedecorchange

plz help pick a rangehood (viking, wolf, or BEST?)

Home Home
7 years ago

After visiting a few showrooms in NYC/NJ area, i am more confused than ever. We have a 30" GE profile down draft cook top and OTR GE microwave that I can not stand anymore. We do a lot of stir fry. could someone plz recommend some range hoods that fit my criteria? Which option should I go? My contractor is willing to do either.
1. Ideally, a 36" 1000-1200 cfm undercabinet range hood w rear vent, 90 degree turn down the wall w 2 10'x3 1/2" duct, the wall is sitting on a beam, so 90 degree turn to avoid the beam then into the basement, then 90 degree turn connect to a 10" round duct out to the side of the house USING existing down draft duct route( swap the current 6" duct to 10") rear venting hoods are extremely limited (only proline)
2. change the 30" cook top to a 36" Capital Maestro Series MCT365GSL that has a 20,000 btu wok burner. We only have space for a 36" rangehood. Could someone please recommend a 36" range hood that has the following:
-1000 - 1200 cfm
-baffle filter
-I am open to internal, inline, or external blower. we like the looks of viking the best but only <900 cfm, wolf duct opening is only 8"(seems small for 1200 cfm motor), Thermador mesh filter, the sales told us it seems our only choice is BEST with a external blower.
-I am willing to remove the cabinets above the cooktop and use a canopy / wall mount hood thru the space btw 1st and 2nd flr then 90 degree turn for ~4 ft to an outside wall.
-Do i need to install MUA even though its not required by town? (13 yr 4000sqft open concept house.
TIA

Comments (9)