SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

how long until new growth after re-pot? is it dead/

Long story short: I had to re-pot a Grand Duke of Tuscany plant bc I was afraid it wouldn't make it to next spring.

It has been at least a month and I don't see any new growth. Should I panic now, or wait?

Besides digging it up again and looking at the roots, is there any sure way to know whether or not it is dead?

I ask bc it probably needs to be pruned -- I think so... (do plants "need" to be pruned?) -- and even if not, I don't see how it could hurt, and it's got a lot of deadwood on it now -- and if I am going to prune it anyway, maybe during that process I will be able to tell if it's alive or not?

Also, where on the plant will it grow first, if it lives? Near the bottom, or up top somewhere? There are a couple little stems that have gotten longer during all this... but I gather, that is not proof of anything, right?

And could it be alive up on top, but still doomed underneath? (I am sorry to be all Doom and Gloom, but I apparently have trouble with waiting.)

It is odd... some days certain leaves look more green than other days, but I could be imagining it.

Comments (7)