SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mountainjuls

buying a new build home-repurchase same appliances as prior remodel?

mountainjuls
7 years ago

Hi all, I was mostly a lurker during my 2012 remodel and now we have sold that home and are now in the process of buying a new home under construction. I was just able to tweak the new kitchen layout without taking any delays so that I could lay it out with the appliances I chose. Anyway, I want to repeat some appliances from my remodel, and some I want to do differently.

I am repeating my Bluestar 36" RNB all burners, but used a Broan 42" E6000 undercabinet hood with a 1200 cfm external blower. I thought it was quite loud on high in my smallish open concept and I am worried it will still be too loud in the new larger open concept. I see that Best has a new IQ internal fan that is supposed to be quieter, but will it be quieter than an external blower?

The appliance man suggests Vent a Hood, which I'm not sold on their fan concept, and the builder likes ProLine, but I am put off by their complaints. Also, the kitchen plan calls for an insert type hood that will have wood cladding around instead of undercabinet like I had before. I am ok with that from a looks perspective but am worried about the reduced depth of the unit, which will only be around 22". How does one know when they have crossed the fine line of overthinking vs not researching enough?

In the remodel I had Wolf E series single oven and the steam oven above, this time I am switching to Miele Masterchef single oven with the plumbed steam oven with broil element above. My Wolf chipped and when they replaced it the cabinet surround chipped. Ugh!

I am repeating my Miele Dimension Futura dishwasher, loved it so much.

I am still working on refrigerator, I will likely go with GE french door counter depth(without the ridiculous K-cup, etc) I really value having ice and water in door for the kids, don't want to spend $8k+ on an integrated, and already have the above fridge cabinet ordered. I had a counter depth french door LG from the year prior to my remodel that we kept and I had no problems at all. I know they have service issues, so I am wondering if it is all just a crapshoot.

Laundry is still uncertain as well. I have a bit of time for those.

Any tips, or advice is welcome!

Comments (4)