SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Country Ribs and their bones

bbstx
7 years ago

Several years ago, I posted something about a pork butt. I mentioned that a butt was too big for me and DH. One of you kindly suggested that country style ribs would be the same cut of meat but I could purchase it in smaller quantities. I made the purchase and it was the perfect amount. I made a delicious Pork Ragu.

However, the Pork Ragu ended up with all sorts of very small slivers of bones in it. The slivers were so small, it ended up being tedious to eat the Ragu while being vigilant about the bone slivers.

Not being one to learn my lesson, I've again bought country style ribs to make Pork Ragu. I thought I would simply bone them before cooking (btw, I cannot find boneless country style ribs at my local grocery). Boning the ribs is easier said than done. I can't figure out where the bones are. I "boned" one rib by hacking off the meatiest part, but I felt like I was wasting a lot of meat. I cut through another rib in 3 or 4 places without finding a single bone.

Am I on a fool's errand? Is there a better way to handle this challenge? DH is not going to eat this again unless I can assure him that there are no slivers of bone hiding within the lucious meat Ragu.

Comments (21)