SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

This Old Lady's Calendar for September

chisue
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My calendar looks like a medical directory. Doctor This, Doctor That, tests and tests. I thought I was 'home free' when I was discharged from hospital for pneumonia 18 months ago. However, when I dropped to 101 from my normal 115, I needed help.

DH and both had check-ups in June; blood work normal.

A colonoscopy last Friday -- upper and lower GI -- says 'upper' is fine, but 'lower' shows a carpet polyp has regenerated and must be surgically removed. CT test yesterday says 'no cancer', but this polyp still has to come out. That's two days in hospital and two weeks recuperation. I can't see the surgeon until Sept. 23, and can't get his office to schedule surgery until I am 'seen'.

I have an appointment with an orthopedic guy tomorrow. He'll x-ray my *excellent* left hip prosthesis (2004) and the right one that's never been right (2008). The nightly back pain is increasingly annoying.

Then there's the #30 molar I had pulled in July. I have to start work for an implant.

DH had a precancerous bit on his forehead removed by Moh's procedure six weeks ago -- had a black eye and swelling beneath the site. Now he's having flashes of light in that eye. Let's add an Eye Doctor to the calendar! ($10K charge for Moh's and lab work, of which we pay about $250.)

And...I need new glasses!

Thanks for listening to my vent.

Comments (22)