SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimmimac

Hollywood Regency vintage 1958 Formica wrought iron dinette set - ID?

Miriam Danar
7 years ago

I'm trying to find out the maker and value of my parents' vintage 1958 Hollywood Regency dinette set, bought on Belmont Ave. in Brooklyn, NY. It is wrought-iron and Formica.

There is no label underneath the table or chairs. I'm thinking it MIGHT be Woodard, although I can't find any Woodard kitchen or dinette sets that are for indoors. The table has a faux pink marble Formica top, and is a circular 3 ft. in diameter. There is one leaf in the middle, which can be removed to make it oval.

Table measures 4 ft. long x 3 ft. wide x 30" high with leaf inserted. A satiny gold band encircles the perimeter. There are 4 chairs.

The wrought-iron was painted white originally, although there may have been a purposely distressed look - not sure. Today, some of the metal comes through. Mom tells me it was originally all white. The chair seats were ?vinyl and in a bright 1950s turquoise.

The cushions need to be redone and the paint refreshed on the metal, but otherwise the set is in perfect structural condition.

Thanks if you can help with an ID and value!!! (Sorry about the clutter - we are fixing things up in the house!)

Comments (9)