SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisadlu16

Grout uneven color

lisadlu16
7 years ago

I posted this in "Flooring" but it doesn't get as much traffic as "Kitchens", so reposting here.

We had our new tile floor grouted yesterday and it has dried unevenly in places. I am reserving judgement for 72 hours in the event it does even up but my husband is upset. Our tile guy showed up grout samples from two manufacturers, Custom and Tec, and we went with a grout from Tec. We have always used Custom in the past with no issues. Anyway, today he tells us that Tec is notorious for spotty grout. How frustrating that he would not have told us that beforehand and let us decide if we wanted to take a chance!!

Anyway, he is suggesting we can use 2 cups of vinegar to a gallon of water to go over it to help even it out. I think this will cause more problems than it will solve and am willing to just leave it. It is not horrible but is darker in places. Also, when furniture is back in place it won't be as noticeable. FYI - I wanted to go with a natural gray grout but husband wanted tone on tone. We went tone on tone (lighter gray tile and grout).

Any hope the grout may even out a little more? Would anyone really mess with vinegar and maybe make it more noticeable in the process?

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor