SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gjjones28

Purple Room of Horror (with a slant)

Gwen
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We bought a home that actually is beautiful aside from some ..interesting color selections by the previous owners. This room is purple. Dark purple trim with purple walls AND ceilings. It did have purple carpet but my husband refinished the floors. Question- I am remaking this into a guest room, we have so many "neutral" shades in the home already is like to pick something other than gray or beige. I like green but the room is quite small but has a lot of light. I like chair rails as I can use color without engulfing a whole room with it by using it on bottom with say a cream on top (or other complimentary shade). What do I do as far as the slant with a chair rail and height? Or ditch the rail idea? Anyone have any color suggestions? I want a more masculine color shades that are easy to decorate around? My goal is to make this room guy friendly for step son that visits once in a great while and probably doesn't want to feel like he is staying in a girls room.

and all furniture will be purchased after a paint selection- this is pretty much a raw project. And I have a mirror image room to this, only blue!

Comments (10)