SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandi_painter

Wallpaper in attic room

Brandi Painter
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are currently renovating one of our attic rooms and I really want to use wallpaper on some of the walls, the one pattern I fell in love with only comes as peel and stick and I would prefer to use the more traditional method so I am having to start over in finding the right style/pattern. The space will be my office, crafting, relaxing space and will have pecan(ish) colored wood floors, and I'm not sure what current furniture will go back into the space so designing around existing furniture isn't a concern. My plan was to use wallpaper to go up the side walls, up the roof line walls and then stop leaving the flat ceiling section where the lights are which will be painted. The window and door walls I was also going to only paint. The room gets a ton of light so I am thinking I can get away with a darker, bolder type covering without it making the room feel small, but I am also drawn to coverings that have a light background with "pops" of color, but worry they will disappear with all the light.. I'm not afraid of color, or patterns..I've enclosed pics of the "in progress" space as well as some wallpaper types I am drawn too.. I would very much appreciate some feedback.. The style I tend to lean to are MCM, Scandinavian, Boho, and Victorian.. The downstairs is very MCM but I want this space to feel more comfortable, like your favorite blanket..

Comments (21)