SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliwooly

Need off-the-shelf curtain rods that won't drive me crazy

aliwooly
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have several wide windows on the first floor of my new home that I've ordered custom linen drapes for... I want to be able to open and close the drapes easily. Problem is now I'm stuck on where to buy the rods. My husband is super handy and can install just about any rod, but our previous go-to source for rods sells extension rods with "humps" that drive me crazy... I'm so sick of pulling curtain rings over the humps, I can't take it any more! (We've already used the "hump" rods in our bedrooms, sigh... at least they look good.) Any sources for off-the-shelf rods that you recommend? The rods need to extend to about 88-92". I noticed Restoration Hardware has some that start right at 88" so those seem promising, but I'm guessing they come in two pieces to begin with (?) and I'm not sure where the splice is. I know I could order custom but would prefer to get something more budget friendly (RH is $$ enough for my budget to begin with!). I strongly prefer antique brass or brass finishes and either simple end cap or ball finials.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH