SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missouribound

Would you look at my kitchen and living area again?

missouribound
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

After studying Cassandra's kitchen and playing with the Icovia program, I've decided I can cut out a lot of counter space in the kitchen. I also cut out the island table for now. Once we get in and I see how the space works, I can always put that in. But for now, I moved the table and chairs into that spot.

What I'm concerned about is the flow and workspace. Will it be easy to prep food, etc. I had the fridge/freezer on the other wall and then decided it was too far to walk to the sink to clean veggies. Plus, if I put a cabinet around it like I have now, It will block the kitchen mess from the front door a bit. Not that we'll ever have company we don't expect.

Because we are simplifying as well as downsizing, I don't think I want a dishwasher. I might change my mind, so I'm plumbing for one and leaving a cabinet open for it but I'll use it for storage for now. What I do want is a dish-drying cabinet over the kitchen sink. Kind of like the one pictured but I don't have room for a window on each side. There is a big beam on one side. I wish I could find a big stainless sink like the one I've pasted in there on top of a stove. Hard to find pictures of sinks without a window over it so I had to use a stove picture.

I think I'm happy with the windows and furniture arrangement of the living room. It's killing me to think to getting rid of my sofa, and maybe a chair, but I'd rather not be crowded. The only thing that bugs me about this arrangement is the amount of unused space I've circled in red. But with two doors there, the only thing I can think of is to put a desk, bookshelf, or something there. However, if space isn't tight, I can put the table back there and put an island table in the kitchen.

Pictures below since Houzz won't let me edit this one later.

Comments (20)