SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
s_e_young

What's wrong with my Lemon tree?!

s_e_young
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

For the last year I have been growing a lemon tree from seed with relative success. However, this past month something has happened and now it seems as though it is destined to die...

Before I go into detail, I live in the UK and keep to tree indoors in a pot. I've no idea what type lemon it is, I took the seed from a tree in Menorca Spain. For the most part the tree has been in the conservatory going outside on hot days. Though this past week I've moved it to my bedroom by a sunny window. I feed to plant using Citrus Focus (which you can google) about once every 10 days.

Anyway the problem...

About 6 weeks ago some leaves began to brown and generally dry up, I also lost a branch (see the pictures). Concerned, that the damage was due to the heat in the conservatory, I began a regime of moving the tree outside on hot days before work...

Some new leaves began to grow so I figured I'd solved it. But then I noticed that the new leaves were a lot paler than their predecessors, some of the smaller leaves also seemed to be browny green on their tips... The feed I use and the Internet seem to suggest that I just need to up the amount of feed I give the plant which I have been doing for a little over a week. I have also moved the tree to a window in case I forget to put it outside or the weather changes after a cold morning.

what concerns me is where it had at least 10 mature leaves before it's now down to around 5. Some of which show further drying/burning.

Does anyone one have any thoughts?

Comments (15)