SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Morton? Off Topic

mamapinky0
7 years ago

Since your in the school system and I respect your opinion I wanted to run something by you...my Anthony with asthma started Kindergarden this year a year late as his asthma was to uncontrolled to expose him daily to all the viruses ..doctors recommendations...anyway..school started this past week, I had a meeting prior to school starting with the school nurse about this asthma and what to do and when and I submitted a letter from doctor and of course a new unopened puffer....first day of school ok...yesterday Chip gets off the bus wheezing very badly. I get him in the house and as hubs is loading up his machine I check oxygen level..92.. he gets his treatment..oxygen level now 94..we battled this asthma since yesterday with an ER visit.

Chip went to his teacher at lunch and told her he was wheezing and needed his puffer..she told him to sit down and eat lunch..he of course being a new student did as told..after lunch he told her again he needed a treatment and she told him to sit in his seat..he never had his treatment or seen a nurse..this has caused his asthma to get out of control..currently Chip is again at ER with oxygen level of 88...hubs and uncle took him as I'm at home with sick Tim and Amiee.

Is this what I have to look forward to...my boy can't breath and he's told to sit and eat lunch...I'm furious..how do I comfortably send him back to school after this..and I don't know where to turn as the school will never admit fault.

I think I need to first make a surprise visit Tuesday morning to the school nurse and look at Chips puffer..it was new in box, sealed never opened..and as Chip says he never had any treatments at school yet the doctors letter says he must have one before gym or outdoor play even if he's not wheezing....do you think this is a good first move? I'd appreciate any advice...off the record just one friend to another...Thank you much.

Comments (26)