SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missouribound

Can you help make this office look better?

missouribound
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are selling our house and have been cleaning and decluttering like mad. Most of the rooms have little but furniture, lamps, and maybe a single picture on the wall, so maybe we've decluttered too much. Then, there is dh's office. Dh did his office and proudly showed me the results last night. I think he was a little offended when I said it looked only slightly better than a piece of plywood propped over two crates. He said "men won't care what it looks like." Maybe that's true, but it's usually the woman who goes through the internet looking at the pictures. I can't put my finger on exactly what bugs me about it, except that it doesn't look like a comfortable, functional office. There used to be shelves on the grooved wood sections on the wall, but he took those down.

The desk has to stay, along with the printer, and the refrigerator. When I suggested that the gigantic microwave go to storage, dh gave me the straight line lip look. Then I suggested the brown chest of drawers go to someone else's home, and his eyebrows joined his clenched lips. I also suggested the cowboys and horses pictures be placed over the printer so the wall isn't blank, and he nodded so he was at least still listening. He also agreed that whatever is in the corner can go into a closet.

Any suggestions to make this look like an office that someone would enjoy being in?

Oh yeah, the picture.

I like this office. It's plain but looks nice.

Garage Conversion · More Info

Comments (24)