SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

Unusual bathroom vanity /sink questions

mrspete
7 years ago

It's funny the small things that turn out to be difficult. I'd like some advice on the master bathroom vanity, please.

The space allotted is about 5' wide and in a shallow alcove. Plenty of walking space behind and to the left. One sink.

I think I like this style -- does it have a name, or is it just a shelf vanity?

However, I don't like the sink sticking up over the top of the shelf -- it's ironic that both of my example pictures show the same sink. I do like the patterned tile in the example on the right. I'd like the sink to be undermounted, which means it'd be covered by a simple board; something like this more cottage-y example:

Storage space is important. I like the neatly stacked towels (though I like colors better), and I'd want a basket for washcloths. To have more storage, would this style mesh with a linen tower on one side? Something like this -- I like that it includes a hamper:

So, putting this all together, it'd come out something like this:

The black lines are the two shelves ... mirror on the wall ... storage tower to the right.

I think this is my real question: The shelf vanity is rather modern ... while the linen /storage tower is traditional. Do they play well together?

Or would storage in recessed shelving (on both sides of the sink) be more in keeping with the look?

For the record, the tub will be a drop-in set in a deck.

Comments (5)