SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martinca_gw

Sad/Bad proud O.P. Here+ Examples

Wow! My post stirred up interest I NEVER expected. Great reading. A followup of my random thoughts to fit in where applicable: I do use my mothers Spode, but usually prefer the Portugal pottery I found back in the day when true bargains. vs. made for discount was invented. So, both tasteful, yet less valuable one is liked the most.

Cannot imagine decreeing my things too precious to be unwanted. Though I'd be disappointed, I would iunderstand.absolutely. Pictured ( maybe not in order) is an inexpensive ( $250:00) antique accent table I'd rather have , painted , or as seen, vs. same price item at an Ashley type store. An almost-antique dresser used here for t.v. dvr, etc. that wasn't painted, as I intended. It's mid- lower line by Dixie. Pal will know . Smooth as silk drawers. Two mid 1800 chests, one of mahogany , one Cherry. Guessing they'd go for under 1K, but certainly nicer than more $$ Century chest.....not to mention of a simpler design that would fit most anywhere. No point reached here....just a few thoughts. I think my original intention was to express sadness that anyone would choose "made in China Cr#p" when far better is available, for same price, at consignment or antique stores. Never meant for this to include most upholstery......though I am cocky about the junk store Baker club chair find, all re- done for $ 600. Another glitch to this idea is the impatience of want it now, thinking. It takes waiting and searching for the right item. Also thinking outside the box , along with hands- on DIY work to repurpose for a more contemporary decor. And as for the sad , old granny ( 90?)whose china was refused? Wouldn't it be loving to say ” oh yes!! I'd love it...thank you, Grandmother!." Then keep four plates ( if there's a chance she'd visit) and sell or give the rest away.

Sun Bleached :(

Obamas have one looks like this that M. Smith got.for WH. Ha!

Comments (8)